acer switch 10 sw5-11 -- downgrade the bios

haw3000
haw3000 Member Posts: 6 New User

acer switch 10 sw5-11

if you try to downgrade the bios or to reinstall the same version, you will receive the message "The version of ROM file is not newer than that of BIOS"

I've tried to follow the following instruction:

Unpack the .exe file with something like WinRar or 7-Zip and then in the platform.ini find "[Bios_Version_Check]" and change "flag=1" to "flag=0" after that save the ini file and run the InsydeFlash.exe as administrator.

but in the .exe file there is not the platform.ini file.

so I have launched the bios exe program and kept it open on error message, copied the unpacked files that he creates in \users\<youruser>\appdata\temp

there I have found the platform.ini file to change, but unluckly all the time that I launch again the Insyde program (H2OFFT-W.exe) it overwrite the platform.ini file and all my modifies go lost.

How can I downgrade (or reinstall) my bios in my switch 10 sw5-11 ?!?
thank you

Answers

• haw3000
    haw3000 Member Posts: 6 New User

Excuse me, but after so many time, I try an "UP" of my message, as I have not yet found a solution.

Thank you

• AleS_1010
    AleS_1010 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2019
    Dear.

Attached modified file that worked for me. This file is modified field Bios_Version_Check.

Please, copy this file next to the XXXXXXX

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• arborerde
    arborerde Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi, I did not get it, how do I exactly downgrade the BIOS? I have serious issues, my touchscreen is not working and getting an error message after every reboot (Update Cypress -> Cap Sensor Update FW fail or don't plug.)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Your touchscreen issues are likely due to a bad driver, not the BIOS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • arborerde
    arborerde Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Then how can I find a working driver? I did not change any installation, I just used Windows update.
    Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager and take a look at the USB devices. You likely have one showing an issue... Try removing that device then reboot and let Windows reinstall it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.