acer aspire switch 10e main camera not working after windows 10 upgrade

heston
heston Member Posts: 21 New User

after upgrading to windows 10 my main camera does not work but my front camera does

I've tried downloading/reinstalling drivers but this hasn't worked

have any of you experienced this problem or have you any suggestions that I could try?

Answers

• alexalquero
    alexalquero Member Posts: 3 New User

Having the exact same issue with my switch 10e, main camera not working but the front facing camera works well. Already tried updating, uninstall/reinstall the drivers but still doesn't fix it.

• heston
    Alexalquero are you running windows 10 or 8.1?
  • alexalquero
    Windows 10
  • CesarSanz
    CesarSanz Member Posts: 3 New User

Same problem, same model, no Drivers;  when I disable or uninstall the driver from the   "devices" (control panel) section, it shows a "Blue Screen of dead", the problem is a  ....camera32. .sys  then it restarts with the same driver same problem

• heston

well at least I know it's a windows 10 driver problem and not a hardware failure as so many people are experiencing the same problem

lets hope it gets fixed in the next big update for windows 10

• Konix
    Konix Member Posts: 6 New User

The camera update still has not come up. I think the driver is missing completely from the device manager. It does not look to be under imaging devices.

• heston

After I read your message I randomly started my camera app and to my suprise the front camera is now working! - I installed the November update about 2 weeks ago and I remember checking the camera after updating and it wasn't working... - So it's a bit of a mystery to me!?  - Today there was another cumalative update for windows and I also de-crypted my SSD drive, could these have anything to do with it?

• Konix
    Konix Member Posts: 6 New User

Ok todays update just fixed it about an hour ago. It was to wait for it but now it works. Thank you.

• alexalquero

Now its working too

• CesarSanz

It works, but not all times, if you change the Storage settings in Windows 10 for Images or Videos, then windows show a new driver error, and the driver problem RETURNS (camera Blank Screen) or the message [ "An error ocurred, this is the error code: 0xA00F4273(0XA00F4273)"] ;  

With this new problem, you must use the Dock to make the camera work again, then if you return the original "Storage Settings" the problem remains, unless you restart the PC. oh, and the problem is the same if you change to "Tablet Mode"

EDIT: I found the fix, when used "storage settings" and changed the storage location, it deletes the original "My Pictures" and "My Videos" from the USER folder, if you restore the settings the problem remain because the original folders are not there.. you need to restore the folders, problem Solved!

• johnny1
    johnny1 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

Could you provide more details on storage settings please? I have just restored my machine to Windows 10 and it is having the blank main camera issue. I can see my users photo and video folders are there.

thanks

• EurydiceMilsani
    EurydiceMilsani Member Posts: 2 New User

The front Camera not wortking

• EurydiceMilsani
    EurydiceMilsani Member Posts: 2 New User

The front Camera not work

• CesarSanz

0.- you need to uninstall the camera drivers and the video drivers before update to windows 10.
    1.- when you start 1st time windows 10, you should download all updates from windowsupdate, even the Camera and Video Drivers.
    2.- Now you can install the Acer site drivers.

Still not working?

3.- Check your windows 8 or 10 settings,. there is a part named "Storage", where you can see the HDD and other storage devices, verify the default folders are selected,  All in " C: "  and verify you have the current and default Windows folders for Images and Video  example:   C:\User\username\videos\"Camera"  or "Images" etc..    with the correct Languaje if spanish --->  Imagenes / Camara

4.- If you change the settings and you can't restore the default folders or drivers, you need to restore to factory your tablet, or "restore this PC" + "complete" from windows (this last one, is better because it is a cleaner version of windows, with P&play drivers, and don't worry if you have the windows 10 already activated with your Microsoft Account, then you can restore the windows 10 activated. (the camera will not work until you upgrade the drivers from the windows update (you need to activate:  "download other upgrades")

• Pkitty
    Pkitty Member Posts: 18 New User

Acer Aspire SW3-013 camera (front and back) were not working after update 1607 for Windows 10 Home 32-bit

Device Manager had 3 entries that seemed to be related to the camera.  Two had duplicate entries, so I deleted the second ones (but did not delete the drivers)  Then I updated all 3 drivers. After reboot, camera works.  Hope this helps even one person from spending hours to get it working again.

DEVICE MANAGER:
     Imaging Devices > Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400 (2 copies)
     Sensors              > Capella Micro CM3218 Ambient light sensor
     System devices  > Camera Sensor OV2722 (2 copies)