acer aspire switch 10 e takes a long, long time to charge up

heston
heston Member Posts: 21 New User

my aspire switch 10 e takes a long time to charge up, sometimes it doesn't even charge fully even though it's been supposedly charging over night for 10-12 hours...

I've also noticed that if you are using the computer and have it plugged in to use the mains power the batttery still drains down!

so you really only have battery power and not mains power available, and it has to be switched off to charge up.

are any of you guys experiencing any of these problems or do you have any suggestions.

thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

That doesn't sound right. Are you using the adapter that came with the tablet and charging it using a wall outlet? My first suggestion would be to try a different OEM adapter.

• heston
    I think it might be a problem with the electricity supply coming in at the wall outlet... But I will try a new adapter when I get a chance to... Thanks
  • heston

I've also recently noticed that when I plug the charger in to the tablet the trackpad stops working, and when I unplug the charger the trackpad starts working again

I've plugged in a different charger and the trackpad still freezes up and it works again when I unplug it.... 

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Definitely try another power source. This issue is very weird. You could try resetting your power plan to defaults to see if that helps. If not, my next suggestion would be to restore the system to factory settings. If you are still having problems after that, the next option would be repair service.
  • heston

a new charger sorted all my problems out... ????

• DONSALLY6
    DONSALLY6 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem , I was about to take it back to the store and I still might if there are no solutions

• heston
    I purchased a new charger from Acer and now the tablet charges up much faster