Upgrade Switch SW5-015 to 64-bit

Gorlee
Gorlee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi everyone.

I have an Acer Aspire Switch SW5-015 Windows 10 Home 32-bit computer with a x64-bit processor. My laptop also supports EM64T, SSE2, and VT-x. I'd like to upgrade to x64-bit. I have found all the drivers for my computer to run x64.

I've created installation media on my USB for x64 and x32. When my USB boots, it goes to Windows Boot Manager. Then I chose installation for x64, and get hit with an error saying my computer can't load x64 because I don't have an x64 processor (but I do). Am I supposed to install the x64 drivers before I try to install Windows 10 x64?

I've also tried creating installation media for x64 only using Rufus. My computer doesn't recognize my USB from boot at all. I've made sure my BIOS had USB to boot first. Is x64 just not possible on my laptop?

Best Answer

• Gorlee
    Answer ✓
    I'm actually not sure which build it is. But I talked to Acer support and they says my notebook can't be upgraded to x64. I also double checked the Acer drivers download page for my notebook, and only x32 bit drivers are available. So I'll just stick to my x32 bits.

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Exactly what processor is build in? The are many models.

• Gorlee
    Answer ✓
    I'm actually not sure which build it is. But I talked to Acer support and they says my notebook can't be upgraded to x64. I also double checked the Acer drivers download page for my notebook, and only x32 bit drivers are available. So I'll just stick to my x32 bits.