Answers

• Riphunter
    Riphunter Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

To drain to 0
  • Riphunter
    Riphunter Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Oh and if it finally drained to 0 the orange light would be gone right?
  • lggmello
    lggmello Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Same happened to me! First that ridiculous pen holder strip came out suddely in 2 weeks of usage, second I notice that sometimes the touchscreen worket like crazy, especially when I wasn’t touching in any of the metalic cover, and lastly, for finishing making ridiculous this piece of ***** that I wasted U$850,00, it completely died with just 1 year and 1 month of usage! When I tried to fix, of couse out of this stinky 1 year warranty, nobody, I said NOBODY (even ACER BRASIL) do not have components to fix the problem. Now I’m with my Acer ***** Alpha 12 2 months dead in a techinal assintence hoping for some mireacle to get another broken unit or something like that to replace the components. Sumarising: ACER NEVER MORE! I would not recomend this to my worst enemy. My fisrt and last product from this goat brand. Such a fustrating experience and waste of time and money. I already had notebooks from Samsung, DELL, Fujitsu, Apple and I can surely tell that I never regreted that much as I regreted on buying a Acer goat scam product!
  • Kana707
    Kana707 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tarkus said:

My Acer Switch Alpha 12 does not turn on after last reboot. The blue light on button and it doesn't react on anything. What can i do? Thank you.

Yeah the same is with mine but I need a quick solution since I need it for school tomorrow...
  • yt_yin
    yt_yin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Looks like, my SA-12 is also dead, right after about 1 year's usage, in early March. I waited  for 1 month, to make sure battery was drained and tried to turn it on after recharge, and it can't. So I decided to send it to repair, as we have 2-year warranty in Taiwan. But the repair engineer told me that, there is "WATER" between LCD panel and main board, and I have to pay $13K NTD to replace the main board. 

This is unacceptable. I use this machine for work, almost everyday in the past year. I swear I never splash any water to it. Even use dry tissue paper to clean the panel. Now there is water inside this machine and damages its circuitry. So, anyone has any clue, how water get into there? 

The repair engineer didn't give me any answer, and kept repeating "it is my fault". Really? Acer, screw you!
  • picollosan
    picollosan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Draining the battery works!!! Best thing is to plug up multiple devices that actively use (draw) power. I found that when I had this issue I used a USB hub to drain the PC. I plugged in a portable DVD, two old pda's, a web cam with light (to see how low the power got) and a old mobile phone. The DVD was the best since it keeps running and draws the most. Once it drains you will know from the light on the web cam will be out or really dim. Plug in the PC and you will see the blue indicator will come on and the machine boots up. Check the power settings in the PC settings and it will tell you how long until full charge. Then shut your PC down for that time until it charges. Once that's done you are good to go!  DON"T OPEN YOU PC!!
  • picollosan
    picollosan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh yeah it took about 6 hours to drain it. Use the USB 2 port
  • Davron
    Davron Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi guys!
    The same i have with the SA 12 
    Only 3 days of use!!!
    No react and no light on power button.
    I read of usb drain articles and try it

My CAT S60 doesnt charged by it USB. But while it was plugged I PRESSED POWER button. 
    It wakes up!!
  • Davron
    Davron Member Posts: 2 New User
    If you are using now SA12, you may boost it up.
    Do as following : Task Manager > Startup > Startup impact. Disable unnecessary proc's
  • rodrimf
    rodrimf Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Did anybody had  any good solution? It just happened to me, more than 2 years using my Alpha 12 and loved it... until now. Last night I did a regular shutdown and this morning it does not want to start at all, no blue light when I press the power button, not red light when plug the the charger.  Almost the same as @lggmello. I am out of warranty (bought it end of Sep 2016). 
    Please let me know if anyone finds a good workaround, key sequence etc. 
    By the way I tried both USB C and the other port and none of them charge my phone, so I guess that was only applicable for those with the blue light on?
  • Diogenes1
    Diogenes1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. I've had my Switch Alpha 12 for a year and a half and it's worked well until now. But now I'm having trouble starting it in the morning. It's completely unresponsive without a blue or even an amber light. After I plug it in for a long time, I eventually get an amber light and can turn it on by holding the button in for a good long time. Then I get the Acer logo on the black screen, but no moving circle to show that it's booting up. It hangs that way for a long, long, long time before finally booting up. I'm afraid that next time it might not boot up at all. This all happens even when the battery is fully charged. I don't think it's a Windows issue. The battery's been declining lately, so there must be a connection. But why can't I just run the ***** thing on power? It would be so much easier if there were a Battery Disconnect switch...
  • Floyd75
    Floyd75 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I would buy a non booting switch alpha 12 if everything else is good.
  • Bldgdr
    Bldgdr Member Posts: 2 New User
    I was continually having this problem when I had my Switch connected to a docking station and charging through the USB-C port. I would have to put it in the freezer for 3 days every once in a while. Got frustrated enough that I replaced it with a surface 4. Moved the Switch 12 to a different desk where I have to hook it up to it's original power supply. Been over 6 months now with no trouble. I think it is related to charging through the USB-C Port. Let the battery drain, plug it into the original power supply and you should be good.