SA5-271(Swith Alpha 12) USB 3.1 to VGA converter not working.

emac72
emac72 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently had a warranty repair where the motherboard and keyboard were replaced to fix a keyboard connection issue and when I got it back I went to plug my usb c to vga adaptor in to work on a larger screen and the computer will not acknowledge the connection.  I have verified the usb c port is working for charging and data. I have also upgraded the bios to 1.04.  It seems that somehow the display port technology in the 3.1 port is not activated.

Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks.

Best Answer

• emac72
    Answer ✓

So I took the tablet to the Microsoft store and they verified that my usb - c port was doing charging only.  At that point I called acer service and set up a repair ticket and once again took it to the repair center to be fixed.

I got the tablet back and they had replaced my motherboard (again, as they had replaced it previously for the keyboard disconnecting issues).  This is really poor QC and I am really concerened about the longevity of this device.

That said this did fix the issue.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Check what other users has been talking about the VGA cable on the link below.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Swift-Spin-S-and-R-Series/Switch-Alpha-12-connection-to-Projectors/td-p/448276#_ga=2.22135608.2069828161.1495564501-263337500.1415824428

You can also contact our support about the repair done to your unit.

Phone: 1-866-695-2237
    Available 24/7 - US and Canada
    Español Disponible

Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • emac72
    Answer ✓

So I took the tablet to the Microsoft store and they verified that my usb - c port was doing charging only.  At that point I called acer service and set up a repair ticket and once again took it to the repair center to be fixed.

I got the tablet back and they had replaced my motherboard (again, as they had replaced it previously for the keyboard disconnecting issues).  This is really poor QC and I am really concerened about the longevity of this device.

That said this did fix the issue.