Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SA5-271(Swith Alpha 12) USB 3.1 to VGA converter not working.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Tinkerer

I recently had a warranty repair where the motherboard and keyboard were replaced to fix a keyboard connection issue and when I got it back I went to plug my usb c to vga adaptor in to work on a larger screen and the computer will not acknowledge the connection.  I have verified the usb c port is working for charging and data. I have also upgraded the bios to 1.04.  It seems that somehow the display port technology in the 3.1 port is not activated.

Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tinkerer

Re: SA5-271(Swith Alpha 12) USB 3.1 to VGA converter not working.

So I took the tablet to the Microsoft store and they verified that my usb - c port was doing charging only.  At that point I called acer service and set up a repair ticket and once again took it to the repair center to be fixed.

I got the tablet back and they had replaced my motherboard (again, as they had replaced it previously for the keyboard disconnecting issues).  This is really poor QC and I am really concerened about the longevity of this device.

That said this did fix the issue.

2 REPLIES
Acer Crew

Check what other users has been talking about the VGA cable on the link below.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Swift-Spin-S-and-R-Series/Switch-Alpha-12-connection-to-Projectors/td-p...

You can also contact our support about the repair done to your unit.

Phone: 1-866-695-2237
Available 24/7 - US and Canada
Español Disponible

Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Links Importantes: Páginas de Suporte Global | Artigos da Base de Conhecimento
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.

Tinkerer

So I took the tablet to the Microsoft store and they verified that my usb - c port was doing charging only.  At that point I called acer service and set up a repair ticket and once again took it to the repair center to be fixed.

I got the tablet back and they had replaced my motherboard (again, as they had replaced it previously for the keyboard disconnecting issues).  This is really poor QC and I am really concerened about the longevity of this device.

That said this did fix the issue.

Announcements
Get exclusive gaming insights, expert advice, and more. Enter the Training Room and leave the competition behind.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

Join me in congratulating Acer-Jose who is our new Acer Community Administrator.  José will be working to ensure the Community is the great place for friends and finding the solutions Acer’s global customers are seeking.  Congratulations José!

Acer-Jose
Acer Community Manager Acer Community Manager

Acer Community Manager