Alpha 12 - Battery Packs?

BW022
BW022 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

Just got an Alpha 12. So far pretty good.

I used for forums to find a USB-C to HDMI hub which worked. Thanks. However, finding power options hasn't been easy.

Does anyone know a USB-C battery option which works for the Alpha 12?

Thanks,

Brett

Best Answer

Answers

• aeb91
    aeb91 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
  • BW022

Many thanks. Good to know that there is an option.

• prasathvishnu
    prasathvishnu Member Posts: 8 New User

Thanks for the link.

I have Acer Alpha 12 core i5 model (yet to receive the laptop). I want to order this RAVPower power bank now. I am going to order it to India and I cant return it, so can you help me answering few qns before I order?

1. Will it work fine with the Acer Alpha 12 core i5 model? Do you face any issues?

2. How fast does the laptop charges with this power bank? Is there a significant difference than wall charger?

3. Do I need any other adapter?

• BW022
    I purchased the RAV power battery (took a while for Amazon Canada to have them) and it works great.

1. Works fine on the i5 version.
    2. It seems pretty quick but I have never timed it. Typically if I'm using the tablet while charging but it runs and gains charge.
    3. Just plug in the USB-C port and it charges. You might look at a USB-C hub with pass through charging if you need these while charging... Or use a usb-a hub.
  • prasathvishnu

Last week, I too got the RAVpower USB C power bank and it works fine. I am yet to test the speed of the charging and capacity though.

Are you able to get 0 to 100% through this power bank? I am guessing NOT.

• BW022

prasathvishnu,

Are you able to get 0 to 100% through this power bank? I am guessing NOT.

The Acer Switch Alpha 12 uses a 4870mAh battery. The RAVPower battery pack is 26800mAh. The battery would recharge the Switch about five and a half times. I've never had to do that as that would be over 30 hours of continous moderate usage. 

I've use the Switch plugged into the battery. Battery remains at 100% while plugged in. The Switch both uses it for power and charges the battery at the same time.

• prasathvishnu

Oh okay.. Then this power bank has enough capacity for 4870 mah.. Did not realize the battery capacity is so small.. Not far from the capacity of many smartphones Smiley Happy

• prasathvishnu

Updates after 1 week of Usage:

1. With a fully charged power bank, I am not able to charge the laptop 6% to 100% only twice. Either that's very bad efficiency or defective

2. I am able to do reverse charging i.e. charging the power bank through the laptop

3. Charging the power bank through the Micro USB Port takes 8+ hours

4. While charging the laptop, I could hear noise from the power bank. I m little concerned especially after reading the article where Nathan from Google had poor review about the Ravpower USB C charger. I m not sure if this power bank also has similar power issue

Is there any safe USB charger available to charge this power bank?