Acer Switch One 10 wireless adapter loses internet access, BSoD when shutdown/restart.

UncleDaddySwiss
UncleDaddySwiss Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have had my Switch for a few months, and have had a problem with my wireless adapter most of that time. It used to happen after waking from sleep, a few minutes later, there would be a yellow triangle over the network icon in the system tray, and I would no longer have internet access on this device. All other devices would work normally. The only fix was to restart. But when restarting, it would take forever, and eventually I'd get the BSoD. Driver Power State Failure. After some research, it seemed to me it was the network adapter going into sleep mode and not waking up. I read that there should be a power management tab in Device Manager in the network adapter properties. Well, mine has no such tab. No power management options for the network adapter at all. Even in Power Options. Even under Show hidden options (or whatever its called.) None. So I looked into updating the driver. I have the latest one. So now what do I do? Im surprised other people dont have this problem with this model.

Thank you in advance.

Edit, forgot to mention that I disabled sleep altogether, even on battery, still happens.

Answers

• RootedSuperuser
    RootedSuperuser Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

BIOS update?

• UncleDaddySwiss

Tinkerer

I thought about that, but it sounds risky, dont want to brick it, especially since it doesnt sound like they addressed the wireless adapter specifically... but I suppose its worth a try.

• RootedSuperuser

Tinkerer

A Bios update makes a BIG difference.

1. Full battery
    2. Plugged in power.
    3. Download to your desktop, Administrator Account.
    4. Close all background processes.
    5. Follow all instructions.
    6. DO NOT DISRUPT THE UPDATE.
    7. Make a sandwich, have a snack, sit back and wait until its finished.

What I'm trying to determine is:

• Does the latest (1.09) have all the ups?
    • Do you have to install each one?
  • UncleDaddySwiss

Tinkerer

Ok, I'm about to try to update bios, and I realize- I dont know how. I downloaded the latest bios, it has a single .EXE file in it. Do I simply double click on the file after I extract it? Can the bios be updated through windows? Also, what did you mean by "does the latest have all the ups?"

-Thanks

• GeekoLUnDsOp
    GeekoLUnDsOp Member Posts: 14 New User

Have you tried reinstalling the windows?

• RootedSuperuser

Tinkerer

"Have you tried reinstalling the windows?" ... Are you nutz?!

BIOS UPDATE! .... Fix's most everything on the item!

1) DL to Administrator Desktop.

2) Unzip

3) Close all background processes.

4) Battery at 100%, plugged in.

5) Start Bios Update.

6) DO NOT DISRUPT THE UPDATE, LET IT FINISH AND REBOOT.

7) DO NOT DISRUPT THE UPDATE, LET IT FINISH AND REBOOT.

8) DO NOT DISRUPT THE UPDATE, LET IT FINISH AND REBOOT.

• UncleDaddySwiss

Tinkerer

Well, I did the bios update and for a few days, the problem didn't appear. Until tonight. I'm actually writing this from my phone. I'm leaving the computer on for a while to see if it reconnects, but it's been at least 5 minutes and I don't have much hope.
  • UncleDaddySwiss

Tinkerer

Might be a long shot, but anyone have any other ideas? It's happened more lately than before the bios update. Happens almost every time I use it now.
  • HrishikeshBisen
    HrishikeshBisen Member Posts: 2 New User

Which version do you have s1003 or s1002(version of laptop)? I have s1003 and latest BIOS(1.12 i think), no issue here.