Acer Switch Alpha 12 Completely Bricked - Warranty Expired 2 weeks ago

iSean97
iSean97 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello there Acer Community Forum

My Switch Alpha 12 is now completely bricked for no reason. 

After I close the keyboard cover and pack it up for University. 

Once I reach the my university to turn it on, it doesn't turn on the screen and I tried plug it in to the power supply. 

Still won't turn on. There's no LED on the Power Button, but there's only Power Output through the USB 3.0 but not the USB 3.1 Type C port.

I have numerous issues with the past with this laptop.

My device was purchased on August 09, 2016. And after encounter numerous problems with the first unit with the display digital not accurate, I gotten a replacement 2 weeks after. 

Then, after that, the replacement unit have bad screen lamination where's there's white spots on the screen (not dead pixel). Soon after a few months the right speaker was replaced at Acer's Technicians at Highpoint, Malaysia.

I wish I have extended my warranty 3 months earlier Smiley Sad Hopefully a repair fees at Acer isn't that expensive...

If not I might as well get another laptop...

Best Answer

• iSean97
    Answer ✓

Apparently all the Acer Technicians at Acer Highpoint Malaysia, had to do was they removed the two screws on the side to remove the backcover, disconnected and power on the battery, and reconnected it 30 seconds like the previous statement said.

Anyhow, will consider extending my warranty, because it seems I do have some warranty period left in this replacement unit.

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

I wonder if this could be a battery issue, and if so you either

Reset the battery by holding a paperclip in the reset pinhole for 10 seconds and leave the laptop for 10 minutes afterwards.

OR remove the battery and power lead, and then hold the power on button for 30 seconds.

Then re-connect and re-fit the battery.

If in doubt please ask.

• iSean97
    Hi there I don't think there's a reset pinhole and I dont have the proper knowledge to remove the cover to reach the battery.... I guess I will bring to Acer Malaysia's representative technicians - Highcom to repair tomorrow Smiley Sad
  • doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

If the battery is not removable, then look on the underside for a hole that is near the centre and can have a straightened out paperclip inserted.

• iSean97

Sorry as I mentioned before, this device doesn't have any reset pinholes. It is held in by two side screws on theside.

Image result for Reset Pinhole switch alpha 12

• iSean97
    Answer ✓

Apparently all the Acer Technicians at Acer Highpoint Malaysia, had to do was they removed the two screws on the side to remove the backcover, disconnected and power on the battery, and reconnected it 30 seconds like the previous statement said.

Anyhow, will consider extending my warranty, because it seems I do have some warranty period left in this replacement unit.