Acer Switch Alpha 12 - Bitlocker

ilader
ilader Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Can Windows 10 Pro be used to get Bitlocker encryption on the Acer Switch Alpha 12? The Acer Switch Alpha 12 has BIOS entries for turning on TPM; has anyone gone farther?

Answers

• emac72
    emac72 Member Posts: 9 New User

My understanding is that bitlocker is a program that is available when one has 10pro.  You should be able to type "bitlocker" into the search bar and then click on the program to start the process.  If it is not allowed on Acer it should let you know.

• ilader
    ilader Member Posts: 2 New User

Although my question about Bitlocker support was more reasonable as a pre-purchase inquiry, I actually have an Acer Switch Alpha 12 already. When I type "Bitlocker" into the search bar, it offers to search the web. But that may be because it only has Windows 10 Home installed. The BIOS settings seem to indicate Bitlocker support. I don't wan't to purchase Windows 10 Pro just to test this function, so I am hoping somebody else has.

• Houndsong
    Houndsong Member Posts: 6 New User

You can implement BitLocker either with, or without, TPM; however, you must have Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise installed to do so. It's worth it to get W10Pro because you will be able to implement BitLocker with TPM.