Acer Switch 11V (SW5-173) Backlight comes on but wont boot

SilentEch0
SilentEch0 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I own a Acer Switch 11V (SW5-173) and I have been using it no problems with Windows 10. This morning I get to work and go to turn it on and the backlight will turn on like it is trying to boot but the Acer does not come up and it never boots. I have not installed any software and Windows did not do an update last night. I have tried F2 and F12 but the device does not recongize F2 for Bios or F12 for a USB device and just sits with the backlight on and never boots or shows the Acer logo. Any help is apprecatied!

Answers

• MindiC
    MindiC Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'm having a similar issue. When I rebooted mine to do an update, it didn't come back on. I then tried turning it off and back on again (waiting for the blue light to go off). The blue light comes back on but the screen doesn't. I then leave it and it will mysteriously resurrect itself a few hours later.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Unplug the charger. Try to gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom case for about 10 seconds. Then let the battery rest for 15 mins. The plug the charger back in. Try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MindiC

Tinkerer

I've tried pressing the reset button on the side for 10 seconds but the blue light comes back on after 5. Still nothing on the screen ☹️
  • JackE
    But does it still mysteriously resurrect itself a few hours later? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MindiC

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    But does it still mysteriously resurrect itself a few hours later? Jack E/NJ
    Nope, I've just left it alone for a few days and nothing
  • JackE
    MindiC  Do you get a TV screen via HDMI port? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MindiC

Tinkerer

Nothing, but there seems to be power to the port as my HDMI switcher swapped inputs when I plugged it in