Acer Switch 11 V Battery drain when shut down

2»

Answers

• Devanshu
    Devanshu Member Posts: 1 New User

This problem may have arrised because of windows 10, Windows 10 has a mode called fast boot. It helps the PC to boot quickly, however it keeps consuming the power of your PC till you use it again as this mode needs to be active all the time( Exception: When the battry is completely drained off) So it keeps consuming your battery but turning it off will solve this problem, however furthur you will not be able to enjoy the feature of Fast Boot but it will prevent your battery to be drain off, If this proble furthur persists then it may be a problem of your battery.

Steps for turning off Fast Boot in Acer Windows 10 

1.  Open Control Panel by typing it in Cortana
    2. In the search box of control panel type power
    3. Click on change what the power buttons do
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
    5. Untick the "Turn on fast startup"(Fast Boot) and.......

The problem is solved! I was having the same problem, by battery used to drain to 0% in 24 hours, I did the same and today my battery didn't drain at all! Hope this works for you.

• bonc
    bonc Member Posts: 11 New User

https://community.acer.com/t5/Switch-Series/Switch-11V-SW5-173-Hibernate-Battery-Drain/m-p/471580#M2364

I did everything that could be done and problem persisted. So I accepted the device as it is and moved on Smiley Happy

That is a generic issue.

• entne
    entne Member Posts: 21 New User
    Devanshu: Sorry, this has been suggested many times. I am happy for you that this way solved your issue, but as described before there are many users who tried any Win 10 properties changes without an effect. This thread is NOT solved except getting your money back or a different device model is the solution.