Acer Switch 10 shuts down while booting

tony3
tony3 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there,

my Switch 10 (with Windows 8.1) doesn't boot. I have a HDD in the keybord docking station (model SW05-12-151U)) so I can actually hear when the system is booting, but before anything appears on the screen, it shuts down. After 10sec it tries to start again, same thing. Sometimes it did start w/o problems, somestimes it did try for a few times before finally booting through to Windows, but now it just keeps "trying" to boot and then shutting down, even after 20 times it doesn't continue to boot. So I just did a forced shut down by pressing the power button 8sec.

Tried already a reset by pressing simultaneosly "volume up" and the power button, as well as disconnecting the battery, no luck so far.

Pretty clueless what that is and the service just says "change the mainboard"... great, then I might as well just by a new one. 

Somebody with the same problem out there or even better with an idea what the heck is wrong ?
Thanks.

Answers

• GeekoLUnDsOp
    GeekoLUnDsOp Member Posts: 14 New User

Could your make the system went to the Bios mode and see fi there is something wrong.  You could try boot it while undocked and see if its work. If yes, then it means there is something problem with your dock. I guess you should bring it to the service centre to make sure what is going on. Never happen to switch, so i am not sure about it.

• tony3
    tony3 Member Posts: 10 New User

I tried to press F2 while it starts booting to access the BIOS, but nothing happens. Tried as well some other keys Esc, F10, F12, Vol up or down but nothing works it always starts booting as I can hear from the start of the hard drive then stops. Even w/o the key dock it doesn't boot