Acer Aspire Switch 12 problem. Connection to wireless keyboard lost

ruparee9
ruparee9 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi there, I have a serious problem with the Acer Switch I bought a month ago.

The connection from the system to the keyboard is gone. I have had a similar problem with another Acer Aspire Switch 12 I bought in December 2014. I actually had that one replaced by a new unit since this problem with the keyboard occurred within a week after purchase. But now I am experiencing the same problem all over again.

There is no 'connect' button on the keyboard so I cannot connect it again to the base unit. This is very annoying. I think the connection takes place from the bluetooth receiver within the system bios. Because the keyboard kept on working like a charm when it was working, even after the bluetooth was disabled. Pretty neat feature but now it is not working!!

When I switch on the keyboard a blue light lights up and then dims again after 10 seconds. However when I press the esc button while I turn on the unit the light starts blinking blue, like it is searching for a signal from a receiver or something like it. But then after a couple of miutes the blinking stops.

Since this is an exact problem as the other unit I bought in December 2014 and that got replaced I think this is a problem with the actual system software.

I hope someone can help me with this puzzling experience I am having.

Brgds,

Marc (from Netherlands)

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry that the KBD is not getting detected,. & this is a Firmware Issue,. Please Contact Acer for a Firmware Update to get the Issue resolved, Sorry that you could not fix the unit by yourself. Cheers.
  • beomiguel
    beomiguel Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, 

I'm planning to buy the Acer Switch 12. Would it be possible to know if the firmwire solved the issue? And if ever I get the same problem, how long do I get the firmwire from Acer? 

+ random question :  when will the switch 12 be available on online stores?

• ruparee9

Hi There Beomiquel,

I have bought it in The Netherlands. It is already available here.

Acer gave me excellent support. They have sent me a file which enables you to connect the keyboard once it has lost the connection. Thix exe file you have to run and then switch on the keyboard and it is connected again.

Sincve I have received this file I had to use it three times now but it works. A new Acer Switch 12 firmware is in the works I am told so that should solve the issue permanently.

The Acer Switch 12 is a splendid device. I use it constantly in desktop, pad and tent mode.

I highly recommend it. The price in The Netherlands is 649,00 Euro so it is not cheap but well worth the money.

Good luck deciding ;-)

Brgds,

Marc

• beomiguel

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the swift response. 

I'm not sure if Acer (Philippines) will be able to give the necessary support since they are only selling the Switch 10 (not even Switch 11! So backwards!) .

I don't mind reinstalling the file from time to time as long as it will fix the problem asap. Would it be possible to know how often you reinstalled the exe file to fix the problem? 

One more thing, the only thing that's hindering on buying the Switch 12 are problems like these (since we don't have the tech support yet). Would it be possible for you to send me the fix for the keyboard problem?

Thank you very much!

++ How's the experience when you are using it on your lap, let say when travelling on a plane ? Is the built stable enough that it won't stumble that easily? 

• ruparee9

Hi there,

I can send you the file via dropbox or other way. It does not work via mail i.e. gmail, hotmail etc..

I have used the exe file three times since I have received it a couple weeks ago.

I am typing this message in laptop mode on my lap and it has very good balance and does not move on my lap. The stand that is built in is very good. I used to own a Switch 10 and that was not as steady as the Switch 12 is

Brgds,

Marc

• beomiguel

Thanks! Hope you can send it the link to me soon. Smiley Happy

• markdk
    markdk Member Posts: 6 New User

hi ,do you ,or somebody have the file / direct solution for the connection problem with the keyboard ? mine worked a week and can't find the tablet connection ennymore. please mail me : markdekorte19861@gmailcom

• ruparee9
    Hallo mark. Ik kan niet sturen naar een gmail adres want dan wordt de file geblockt. Geef even je zakelijke adres oid dan stuur ik de file daar naartoe. Mvg marc
  • markdk

ok super bedankt alvast voor je snelle reactie. mijn mail is ***. die zal wel goed gaan denk ik ?  ik wacht het even af. groeten,mark

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

• ruparee9

please send me an email address I can couple to the dropbox folder so you can download it.

Brgds,

Marc

• beomiguel

Smiley Happy

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

• dodosi
    dodosi Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello is it posible ro send me the file

here the same problem

• Rijswijkm
    Rijswijkm Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi Marc,

Have the samen Problem. Acer nl helpdesk is not that fast by sendig the solution to me. Waiting for the .exe file. Do you have it for me?

Grt,
    Martin
  • Rijswijkm
    Rijswijkm Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi,

Kun je het delen met mij via dropbox? Wil alleen mijn mail hier niet zo neerzetten.

Get,
    Martin
  • Thijskiej
    Thijskiej Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey,

Ik zit met precies het zelfde probleem en heb Acer Nederland ook al proberen te bereiken maar helaas,

Ook ik heb interesse in het .exe bestandje 

Misschien een idee om het zoals eerder gevraagt te delen via dropbox en het linkje hier te plaatsen?

Scheelt je een hoop e-mail verkeer tussen mensen die het ook van je zouden willen hebben.

Thijs.

• markdk

ik hoop dat het werkt zo. anders geen idee : https://www.dropbox.com/s/co188aa80r5k94r/BindTest_v1.6.6.6_User.zip?dl=0 wachtwoord acer

• Thijskiej
    Thijskiej Member Posts: 3 New User

Nice het heeft geholpen Mijn dank is zeer groot Smiley Happy

Van Acer hoef je ook niet veel te verwachten en jij hebt dit sneller gefixed voor me dan dat zij uberhaupt een mail terug kunnen sturen.

Er zit een wachtwoord op merkte ik en ik gokte dat het ''acer'' zou zijn en boem lucky.

Nogmaals dankje, dit maakt mijn weekend weer al een een geslaagde

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

The Acer Community is a global peer to peer support forum where users share their experiences and expertise with Acer products.

Because of the multi-national nature of our community, we have asked that users post in English only, as that is the most common language to all users. By doing this, our members are more likely to get a response to their question, and those answers will be available to the entire community as a resource.

• markdk

super om te horen

• markdk

snap er niks van . bij mij is het probleem nu ook ,en de fix lukt niet. hoe doe jij het exact? het scherm van die noodapp staat heel even in beeld ,het lampje van toetsenbord begint te knipperen. vervolgens zet ik toetsenbord uit en aan en weer geen verbinding.

the fix don't work for me . maybe i do something wrong ? the light begin flashing ,but when i turn it off and on the keyboard still don't work