Acer Aspire Switch 11V Replacement Keyboard

SilentEch0
SilentEch0 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

My Acer Aspire Switch 11V keyboard has been dropped and is broken. The device is out of warrenty and I would like to buy just another keyboard but can not find one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • SilentEch0

The first ten of the Serial Number is NTG2TAA004

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Thanks. According to your first ten, you own an SW5-173 model. The needed part is:

Spoiler
    Part numberDescription
    6B.G2TN2.001COVER.UPPER.W/KB.BLACK.83KS.US
    You'll be able to buy this part from this reseller. Don't worry the picture is not the right one. See their description.
    France
  • SilentEch0

Thank you! I ordered the part from them but they no longer stock it do you know of another website that might possibliy have the keyboard in stock?

• still69in
    still69in Member Posts: 5 New User
    I also need a replacement. Did you find one and if so, where? I wonder if a keyboard for a switch 10 would work? Would any of these work:  sw5-015,  sw5-012, SW5-012P?  Thanks.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Yes, just google "sw5-173" and "replacement keyboard". There are many vendors. This keyboard also fits other sw5 models. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• still69in
    I only found replacement keys.  I need the whole keyboard docking station on which the tablet connects. 
  • still69in
  • JackE
    @still69in Since you are not the OP with the SW5-173, what is the full model number of your machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• still69in
    SW5-173-648Z
    Part Number: NT.G74AA.002

• JackE
    @still69in With or w/o HDD? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• still69in
    Solid State Drive Capacity
    128 GB

• JackE
    @still69in If you somehow lost or otherwise destroyed the whole docking assembly, you might as well have lost the rest of the machine too. It has to be assembled from individual parts --- the pad, hinges, keyboard, connector board, drive brackets, upper/lower cases. The part individual numbers are available from various sources but no guarantees you'll be able to get them all and certainly not for the price in your Amazon Switch 10 ad. For less than $20, I suggest you try the Amazon keyboard to see if it'll work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tenorsaxophone1963
    Tenorsaxophone1963 Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited December 2018

Hello,
    I own an Acer aspire 11 SW5-173, Serial Number: NTG2TEK004543093733400, SNID: 54303774734 (Tablet only).
    Looking for a complete Keyboard/Dock, I found it on eBay at

a device identified as "Acer part number 9C-NM1MP0010, keyboard model RMN: P1YBY".

The seller declares it as dedicated for SWITCH 11 SW5-111 SW5-171.
    In your opinion, can it be compatible with my tablet?
    Thank you. Yours truly.
    Davide.
    G
    M
    T
    Rileva linguaAfrikaansAlbaneseAraboArmenoAzeroBascoBengaleseBielorussoBirmanoBosniacoBulgaroCatalanoCebuanoCecoChichewaCinese (semp)Cinese (trad)CoreanoCreolo HaitianoCroatoDaneseEbraicoEsperantoEstoneFilippinoFinlandeseFranceseGalizianoGalleseGeorgianoGiapponeseGiavaneseGrecoGujaratiHausaHindiHmongIgboIndonesianoIngleseIrlandeseIslandeseItalianoKannadaKazakoKhmerLaoLatinoLettoneLituanoMacedoneMalabareseMalagasyMaleseMalteseMaoriMaratiMongoloNepaleseNorvegeseOlandesePersianoPolaccoPortoghesePunjabiRumenoRussoSerboSesothoSingaleseSlovaccoSlovenoSomaloSpagnoloSundaneseSvedeseSwahiliTagikoTailandeseTamilTedescoTeluguTurcoUcrainoUnghereseUrduUsbecoVietnamitaYiddishYorubaZulu
    AfrikaansAlbaneseAraboArmenoAzeroBascoBengaleseBielorussoBirmanoBosniacoBulgaroCatalanoCebuanoCecoChichewaCinese (semp)Cinese (trad)CoreanoCreolo HaitianoCroatoDaneseEbraicoEsperantoEstoneFilippinoFinlandeseFranceseGalizianoGalleseGeorgianoGiapponeseGiavaneseGrecoGujaratiHausaHindiHmongIgboIndonesianoIngleseIrlandeseIslandeseItalianoKannadaKazakoKhmerLaoLatinoLettoneLituanoMacedoneMalabareseMalagasyMaleseMalteseMaoriMaratiMongoloNepaleseNorvegeseOlandesePersianoPolaccoPortoghesePunjabiRumenoRussoSerboSesothoSingaleseSlovaccoSlovenoSomaloSpagnoloSundaneseSvedeseSwahiliTagikoTailandeseTamilTedescoTeluguTurcoUcrainoUnghereseUrduUsbecoVietnamitaYiddishYorubaZulu
    La funzione vocale è limitata a 200 caratteri
  • JackE
    edited December 2018
    -----Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    edited December 2018
    Sorry no. The docking assemblies for the 171 and 173 are different. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tenorsaxophone1963
    JackE said:
    Sorry no. The docking assemblies for the 171 and 173 are different. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks a lot anyway. I will try to find the separately components from the list that you posted.
    Best regards.
    Davide.

• Tenorsaxophone1963
    still69in said:
    Solid State Drive Capacity
    128 GB

Hi, have you tried if the Amazon Switch 10 keyboard works properly with your Aspire SW5-173?