Acer Aspire Switch 11 V (SW5-173-632W) - battery not detected

lilred904
lilred904 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi.

We've had this laptop for just over 12 months. Battery icon on bottom of screen has line through it with "battery not detected". Has been on AC charge for over 8 hours, orange light still flashing. When unplug from power source laptop won't power up. 

I've read about resetting the battery - do we do this? Or, is this a hardware problem?

Thanks so much

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

orange flashing LED = battery low on charge or battery issue

Since your system has a message of "battery not detected", i suspect a battery failure; the only reset pin hole is on the screen right side but it's a system reset (it just disconnects the battery), by the way it's worth a try.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lilred904
    lilred904 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your response. I'm doing the warranty thing so will be interested to see what the problem is. We have a few power issues in general (in the State) over the past month or so - it may something to do with that. Will post up what issue is when tech looks at it. 

• patrickmgng
    patrickmgng Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a similar problem with SW5-173-62XM. The battery will not charge and it only works while plugged in. As soon as I take the power cord out it turns off.

I tried to dpress the reset button on the side for 10 secs and then leave it for 5 minutes and then re power and no luck.

Anybody else have this same problem or a solution?

Thanks