Acer Aspire Switch 10 Touch screen stopped working

d11aud
d11aud Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello

I have a switch 10 running windows 10. most recent windows update has resulted in my touch screen failing to respond to any touch.

checked device manager and the only error is 12C HID device code 10 device failed to start.

attempted all the obvious; update deriver, uninstall driver,scan for changes, re install driver; reinstall driver from list of drivers; roll back driver etc. except fresh install of win 10.

spoke with windows online chat and they suggested deleting reg keys. personally im not comfortable deleting registry.

so i'm kind of stuck with a convertible laptop but no touchscreen.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

jav

Best Answer

• d11aud
    Answer ✓
    Nothing works. After numerous resets and driver re installs i ended up disabling touch screen. If you've only just bought it don't bother too much with it. return it and buy a surface pro!

Answers

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Do you have Windows system restore enabled under System Protection? If so, revert back to when Touch Screen was working.

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

DO you have Windows system restore enabled under System Protection? If so, revert back to when Touch Screen was working.

• HARMONY1
    HARMONY1 Member Posts: 2 New User

HELLO IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY TOUCHSCREEN NOT WORKING, IS THERE A WAY TO FIX IT HAS THE SAME CODE PROBLEM I2C HID DEVICE IS NOT WORKING  ...TRIANGLE !     SHOULD I DO A FACTORY RESET?   I JUST GOT IT SO I CANT REVERT TO OLD SETTINGS NOT SET UP YET...IVE ONLY HAD A WEEK.  PLEASE HELP HOW DO I RUN DIAGNOSTIC ON THIS TO FIX?

• d11aud
    Answer ✓
    Nothing works. After numerous resets and driver re installs i ended up disabling touch screen. If you've only just bought it don't bother too much with it. return it and buy a surface pro!
  • HARMONY1
    HARMONY1 Member Posts: 2 New User

NO I JUST GOT AND NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SET UP SO I CAN REVERT BACK TO OLOD SETTINGS ...

• ltkuizon
    ltkuizon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the worst experience with aspire switch 10. After more than.2 yrs of using it the touch screen stopped working so i disabled it and eventually after few months the whole screen becomes cloudy and dark. Same was happened to my colleague here. Not a good product