Acer Aspire Switch 10 - No Audio Output Device Detected - Please Help

jbar7
jbar7 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

I went to use my audio recently and the volume appears to no longer be working. i have tried trouble shooting etc with no luck.

When looking under playback devices, "no audio devices are installed" is what appears.

I have also pressed windows key logo + X, selected Device manager and then on device manager expanded "sound, video game", and there is a yellow exclamation mark beside Intel SST Audio Device (WDM).

Model: SW5-012

Please help me. Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• jbar7

Hello,

I went to use my audio recently and the volume appears to no longer be working. i have tried trouble shooting etc with no luck.

When looking under playback devices, "no audio devices are installed" is what appears.

I have also pressed windows key logo + X, selected Device manager and then on device manager expanded "sound, video game", and there is a yellow exclamation mark beside Intel SST Audio Device (WDM).

Model: SW5-012

Please help me. Thank you!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

right click SST audio device and choose to uninstall, don't uninstall software if asked, then reboot and check if yellow exclamation mark is still here.

if so....download this and install it:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Others/Others_Acer_1.06_W81x86_A.zip?acerid=635530881269230303&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20SWITCH%2010&Step3=SW5-012&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

if still with yellow exclamation mark...

probably a factory reset is the final test to understand if it's an hardware issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jbar7

IronFly,

Thank you for the information. The first suggestion resulted in the yellow exclamation mark returning. When I download then open what you recommended, it goes to open in Windows Photo Viewer and then tells me "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer". Should it be opening in Photo Viewer or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

• IronFly

mmm

the file is a .zip so it's strange that Microsoft photo viewer want to open it.

if you right click, have you any entry about unzipping?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compress-uncompress-files-zip-files#1TC=windows-7

• jbar7

No, there is no option for unzipping or extracting or anything. I have tried opening it with other applications on my computer and it just appears blank or an error in any one that I have tried.

• IronFly

1) download corrupted or not complete

2) download 7z, install and right click the file, choose 7z and extracting

http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1506.exe

• jbar7

okay, I have extracted and I can now open up the file. There appears to be several options within the file. Do I open a specific one?

• IronFly

try to update manually the drivers, double click the SST Intel audio, choose update drivers, browse to folder - \MI\Drivers\Audio\ then click ok.

or

Run Setup.exe in the main folder and install Audio drivers.

• jbar7

In option #1, I can't find the file you mentioned. In option #2, it is unable to locate.

I am sorry, I am pretty bad when it comes to this stuff so I really appreciate your patience. 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Check the file you downloaded's name. if it ends in _zip (underscore zip) then change to .zip (dot zip). Now doubleclick. I have seen later versions of IE do that.

• jbar7

The file already ends in .zip and when I open it, it opens in Audio Realtek. Would a factory reset be the best option at this point?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Something is not right. When you doubleclick on the .zip file you should get what looks like a directory listing with a selection to EXTRACT.

What you need to do is to create a temporary directory and EXTRACT ALL to that directory. Switch to the directory and now doubleclick on SETUP.EXE.

If you try to run SETUP without extracting the rest of the programs, it will probably fail.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Sounds like the default app for zip files has accidentally been set wrong. Go to Default Programs and remove the default app for .zip files.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jbar7

I ended up doing the factory refresh as I needed the audio for today. I appreciate your patience and help! 

Thank you!

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• renus
    renus Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer