Acer Aspire Switch 10 E

henry23
henry23 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
after kali installation failed, i have this problem with my computer. when i turn it on, "No Bootable Device" message appears. and if i go to BIOS configuration by pressing f2, it shows "Enter Current Password" which i don't have. i also tried to reinstall windows 10 using usb flash drive but it only goes with the same message..
please help me on how to fix this problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you created the USB flash drive with GPT partition scheme, UEFI compatible and FAT32 format?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

I can't tell you how to fix the problem, I can suggest things you may like to try.

Overcome the BIOS password first, perhaps remove the CMOS battery, lots of google ways.

Use clonezilla and try and recover/undelete partitions, try boot-repair disk 32/64 bit version.

1. Boot Repair Disk: sourceforge dot net / projects /boot-repair-cd / files
    2. UNetbootin:

Use Gparted and see if it can recover any bootable efi areas.

I would try, after clearing up the problems, try installing something like openSuse as it does install on an acer, or Debian or even Ubuntu. 

Avoid Kali linux until you have a working linux installed that will handle secure boot, then substitute it for Kali.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

doughjohn, did you know how a Switch 10E is packed?

it's a convertible laptop (2-1) so to reach the CMOS battery he need to completly open the device and this is not an easy task.

I'm not an Acer employee.