ACER SWITCH 10 - Can't Detect Hard Drive 500 GB

hkliu
hkliu Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

I have problem with my Switch 10, i just bought it last month in Singapore.

My switch 10 doesn't detect the 500 GB hard drive, it's only detect as below picture.

ACER S10.jpg

it was happen after i did the recovery following the instruction.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Try bringing up Computer Management (right click on My PC and select Manage) then go to Disk Management in the Storage section. Does the drive show up there? That will tell us a bit about which drivers aren't working right...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Try bringing up Computer Management (right click on My PC and select Manage) then go to Disk Management in the Storage section. Does the drive show up there? That will tell us a bit about which drivers aren't working right...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hkliu

Thanks for the help..

The problem solved.

• billsey

What was the final solution, was the drive just not assigned a letter or did you have to do something to mount it?

• ambra1984
    ambra1984 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you for the advice. I had the same problem. I made factory back-up on the Keyboard- hardrive 500 gb. After that the hard is reading only 32 gb. I got to this PC , right click, Manage, disk management , there i see the rest of the D , memory not alocated. click right and ...something.. lol, like create or alocate disk . and it showing the rest .

• SershMijares
    SershMijares Member Posts: 3 New User

tablet, does not appear the 500 gb disk, in the disk magnament, only 32 gb of tablet, and a micro SD 32 gb , some solution, thanks

• saraavicena
    saraavicena Member Posts: 3 New User
    I got the same problem. My switch 10 couldn't read the 500gb memory, and i didn't find the memory in disk management. Please help me. Thanks
  • hkliu

Guys,

Try this...

"Try bringing up Computer Management (right click on My PC and select Manage) then go to Disk Management in the Storage section."

• saraavicena
    saraavicena Member Posts: 3 New User
    As I've mentioned before, i didn't find the 500 gb storage in disk management. There's only the 32 gb memory and another small memory, but not the 500gb.
  • billsey

If you originally had the drive and it disappeared it's either a problem with the connector between the keyboard and tablet or a problem with the drive itself. If you are within warranty, contact Acer support for repair, if you are out of warranty look into opening the keyboard and verifying the cables are all connected solidly.

• miramayann09
    miramayann09 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello.. Just yesterday, may HDD, 500GB, does not appear. I bought my acer switch 10E just last month. What shall I do in here?

• Kc11KC
    Kc11KC Member Posts: 1 New User

I just recently purchased the ACER  Revo 1 TB hard drive to add more hard drive storage space but I cannot get Windows 10 to combine the hard drive space. It recognizes the new 1 TB hard drive that it is there but how do I combine the storage space?

• madhumnair
    madhumnair Member Posts: 2 New User
    For me it does not show up in the Disk management
  • ZHawk
    ZHawk Member Posts: 2 New User

No I don't think so

• Hansaria96
    Hansaria96 Member Posts: 1 New User

yes the d drive is shown there but it shows it to be unallocated. i tried allocating it but i showed access denied. what do i do??

• Nephos
    Nephos Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem. I installed all the drivers and applications available for my computer  on the Acer website and the hard drive appeared suddenly when I began installing the Quick Access application. So you just have to install Quick Access