s7 392 doesn't sleep or shut down

whocares61
whocares61 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

S7 392 cannot go to sleep or shutdown. The screen goes off, the blue light stays on. I cannot do anything anymore except turn off forcefully.

This DOES NOT happen when I just start it. So Assumption is that one of the open apps is causing it. Windows logs are useless as expected.

I tried closing down all the apps before, but this doesn't help neither.

I can of course start ending tasks one by one and see which one works, but that can take forever.

Is there a way to check this PROPERLY?

The issue started after I replaced the Hard Disk, it is no longer RAID 0, changed to Legacy boot mode and installed new version of Windows.

Please do not suggest resetting the computer, disabling applications one by one. This stuff I know without you as well..

Thanks!

Best Answer

• whocares61
    Answer ✓

I found a solution online and it worked by fixing WINDOWS UPDATE, through Control Panel => troubleshoot => fix my windows update.. something like that.

For now it works.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,089 Trailblazer

Hi,

Have you tried changing the settings in "Choose what the Power buttons do", switching them to different settings might help.

Capture.JPG

• whocares61
    How is this related to my problem?
    Did you read my post? Smiley Happy
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,089 Trailblazer

Hi,

Yes, Power buttons settings control how your laptop Sleep, switch off etcSmiley Happy

• whocares61
    I click on Shutdown and my computer doesn't shut down. How is this related to what you said? Which setting would I change for it to suddenly shut down?

I am asking people who had the exact same problem and solved it. Not just some basic windows and computer advice..
  • whocares61
    Answer ✓

I found a solution online and it worked by fixing WINDOWS UPDATE, through Control Panel => troubleshoot => fix my windows update.. something like that.

For now it works.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

1. You shouldn't install Windows in legacy mode on your UEFI computer.

2. Some S7-392 with Haswell-ULT need the "correct" Intel Management Engine Driver if you're using Windows 10.

3. Search the forum for more info.

4. Windows 10 Creator installed correctly (not in legacy mode) might fix the problem as it might give you an updated Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • whocares61

I already solved the issue and posted the solution above. it was related to Windows update.