Windows 10 is live! Post your issues in our Windows 10 forum.

Options
Cory-Acer
Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

All,

Windows 10 is here and we know people are excited to get it. We'd like to request any posts specifically about Windows 10, the upgrade or the issues you're having with the operating system, are posted in the Windows 10 forum. We're moving Windows 10 content to the Windows 10 forum to help better facilitate answers to those posts.

Please check out the Welcome to the Windows 10 forum post here: http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Welcome-to-the-Windows-10-forum-Start-here-first/td-p/366899

Cory

Answers

• zafzal3
    zafzal3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Need ELAN Smart-Pad Touchpad drivers for windows 10, current: 11.15.0.14

Not sure if it is the latest but its missing some features, in particular drag-lock!
    Any help?

• mr2short91
    mr2short91 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Acer Active Pen on my R13 (R371t-70ks) does not have an pressure sensitivity on any programs but especially Photoshop CS6.  I've tried in Fresh Paint too and it wont work.  There are no synaptics drivers listed for this device.  The whole reason I bought this laptop was for to use it with the active pen in photoshop.  

Not sure if I ever worked correctly before since I got the pen after upgrading to Windows 10 but any help or links for drivers would be greatly appreciated.  If this cannot be resolved I'll just have to return this and buy something that works with photoshop.

• Shendawg
    Shendawg Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

There is a mouse stutter issue with the Acer Aspire R13, it seems im not the only one who has had this problem http://superuser.com/questions/957561/often-mouse-stutter-on-windows-10. It seems to happen whenever watching a video or playing a game, the mouse will frequently stop for 1-2 seconds then teleport to where it would of been if it didn't stop.

• Timbo
    Timbo Member Posts: 36 New User
    Options

where are the forums? This link is just a link to "useful" questions

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Timbo wrote:

where are the forums? This link is just a link to "useful" questions

Yes, it's one of the sticky articles in the Windows 10 forum. You can use the bread crumbs above the Thread Title to navigate around, but here's think link directly to the forums as well. http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/bd-p/win10

Thanks,
    Cory

• steverino42
    steverino42 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

regarding touchpad lag, see my post in http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series/Aspire-R3-131t-Touchpad-Lag/m-p/397564#U397564

hope this helps!

• zolono
    zolono Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

bluetooth problem

My r7 571 don't see my phone LG G4 after updating to windows 10, all drivers up to date

• jakaria_sobuj
    jakaria_sobuj Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    My Windows 10 freezes while installing the security update KB3172729. Everytime when I start Windows, it tries to install the patch and gets frozen at exactly 96% of the process. I have to manually hard shut down/restart the system by pressing the power button. I was able to avoid this problem for the last 2-3 weeks by using my wifi in metered mode, so that Windows 10 does not download updates from the Internet (it is not possible to turn automatic updates off in Windows 10). But now it seems that the patch has been downloaded to the disk somehow and Windows tries to install it everytime I start the system. Within 1-2 mins of startup, system hangs and I can't do anything with it. I think, this patch is a part of the anniversary update of Windows 10 that was released in August. I suspect it has something to do with the any of the drivers.
  • jaym
    jaym Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Windows upgrade occurred and HDMI port stopped working. HDMI does not show up in Device Manager or as a display device option.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Jakaria: how long have you left it at 96% ? I have seen instances where it must be left overnight to complete though not recently.

As to missing HDMI, have you tried connecting a monitor or TV then pressing windows-P ? Sometimes they do not show up unless connected to something. I have also seen Acer devices with loose ports that must be firmly connected.