Swift 3 won't turn on - Acer SF3-14

13»

Answers

• Frost_Hunter
    Frost_Hunter Member Posts: 2 New User
    acer swift 3 sf314-54 screen wont turn on too please fix problem

• Champrivs
    Champrivs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bought Acer Swift 1 just 2days ago. On its first day,  screen freeze while I'm doing paper works. Then last night, after turning it on, the screen suddenly went black. like it just shut down even if it's still has enough battery. I charge it to see if it'll work, but it didn't. it's still not turning on. so disappointing. 
  • Marinabee2
    Marinabee2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having this problem periodically. The last time it happened, I thought the laptop would not recover. I tried the pin fix several times with no result. I let the laptop sit while I took lunch. When I returned, it was still dead. Finally, I tried the reset again using a pin and the laptop booted up. I am afraid that the laptop is defective. I purchased it at Office Depot. I love the darn thing but I am thinking that if I don't return it now, the laptop will fail while I am on a business trip and that would be disastrous. I've noticed that there is not one message directly from Acer about this problem. WOW!!!
  • C0BALT
    C0BALT Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I own five of these laptops. Two of them HAD this power on issue.
    Why Acer doesn't own up to this is crazy.

Youtube title of video:
    [This video does NOT show the keyboard connection which is a problem, it's a slightly different model in the video, but the video will guide you on how to open the case and unscruw the bottom lid and battery.]
    "Acer Swift 3 (SF314-56) disassembly and upgrade options"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOE8Wa5BeDY

A couple of rigid guitar picks work well.
    You need a Torx screwdriver to undo 9 screws (not sure which size, it's small)
    also "thin" mini Phillips screwdriver to undu 2 scruws holding the battery from the case.

...After you have the battery out and "flipped"
    As in the picture, shows the Black KEYBOARD Ribbon Cable in the Whitish socket.
    You'll need to pull the two ears out to release the keyboard cable. DO NOT yank the cable out until you figure out how those two "ears" release. The cable will just flop out with NO PRESSURE when you've released the ears.
    I cleaned it with "contact cleaner"... probably the only thing needed is reseating of the cable.
    I also clipped a piece of plastic off of the battery which nudges against the cable when it's all back together.
    I also used some high quality tape, not cheap duct tape, not painters tape, they won't last at all, to help keep the keyboard cable in the socket forever more.
    *While your in the computer, nows a good time to clean out the fan, undu 2 more scruws and clean out all the lint.
    *If you are daring, before you put the lid back on, you can test to see if the power button works correctly yet.

ACER, THIS IS A DEFECT IN YOUR PRODUCT. Along with the fact that you can't keep the keyboard backlight on indefinitely, but that's another thread that Acer is ignoring.
  • ecarg
    ecarg Member Posts: 1 New User
    My 3 day old Acer Swift 3 SF314-57-56F2 Gry is also facing the same problem!

I installed all the relevant Windows Updates, battery was full.
    Was merely in the midst of a Netflix stream when suddenly the screen went blue with the message "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart".
    2 seconds later, the screen turned black, device won't start at all. The blue light flashes periodically at the side even with the charger unplugged.

I've tried emailing the online store I purchased from, as well as the local Acer support centre. Hopefully a permanent solution comes up! This is appalling to be happening to a 3 day old brand new laptop. I am very disappointed!
  • NachoSait
    NachoSait Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2020
    Second time I have this problem on my laptop, the cause is battery drained because PC was suspended instead of shutdown.
    First time fixed resenting battery with clip in battery hole during 15 seconds and wait 10 minutes to plug adapter.
    Second time, didn't work the trick, so I have to:
    1. open the laptop (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOE8Wa5BeDY)
    2. unplug battery
    3. unplug cmos battery (the small round battery)
    4. press battery reset button during 15 seconds
    5. plug batteries
    6. plug adapter
    7. Voalá !!! works like charm
    Good luck !!!

ACER, this is a DEFECT and you should have a special page for this issued titled: Swift Drain Battery - Reset Battery - Not Always works the trick of reseting hole