Swift 3 Blue Screen of Death-Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page

bakeaj
bakeaj Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I've had a Swift 3 for a couple months, and I keep gettging BSOD with the message "faulty hardware corrupted page"; I can't pinpoint when it happens, but the last time was when it was coming back from sleep. Anyhow, I've been in contact with Acer and gone through their recommended procedures (driver updates, battery resets, etc), and they even sent me to a "DriverEasy" webpage that had fixes for this particular BSOD (this is pretty unprofessional, but whatever); this has not solved my problem. 

I got the dump files:

On Fri 5/19/2017 11:58:08 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051917-7390-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14EC00)
Bugcheck code: 0x12B (0xFFFFFFFFC00002C4, 0xD4B, 0x101133B0, 0xFFFFB2014D849000)
Error: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This error suggests a case of memory corruption because of a hardware problem. It is suggested you do a test on your RAM modules (memory test).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/19/2017 11:58:08 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x12B (0xFFFFFFFFC00002C4, 0xD4B, 0x101133B0, 0xFFFFB2014D849000)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This error suggests a case of memory corruption because of a hardware problem. It is suggested you do a test on your RAM modules (memory test).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 5/10/2017 9:18:42 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051017-8500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x12B (0xFFFFFFFFC00002C4, 0x6DA, 0x12C50A00, 0xFFFFDD801FAFD000)

On Tue 5/2/2017 7:13:20 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050217-6390-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR+0x717A)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFB90D8B2BD000, 0xFFFFB90D8B2BD170, 0x51774E3)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 4/14/2017 2:30:17 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041417-5375-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x12B (0xFFFFFFFFC00002C4, 0x466, 0x4E1BCB0, 0xFFFFB381D233A000)

Based on this info I ran a memory test, the built in Windows one and Memtest, both came back fine. Can anyone else shine some light on this for me?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

report is pretty clear, memory error, so your ram has some issue; if you are under warranty get it service by Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Harvv
    Harvv Member Posts: 2 New User
    i've got the same issue and i have claimed my warranty and had been given a new swift 3, but the same problem keeps occuring. could it be a buggy windows update, or anything else??