Mouse stutters across the screen on windows 10

peterr
peterr Member Posts: 5 New User

I've tried 3 different mice and they all do the same thing on my Windows 10 after using the laptop for a while, the mouse start to jers and it's dificult to click on anything your trying to do.

Has anyone else had that problem.

Pete

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Which laptop ? My W3-810 is pretty near its limits particularly with DisplayLink running a seperate Keyboard, mouse, gigabit ethernet, and dual monitors but is running Win10 1607 & mouse occasionally stutters.

Have found that turning mouse trails off reduces the stuttering.

• peterr

The laptop is an Aspire R7 with Windows 10 version 1607, the mouse trail is not on and I found if I re-boot the problem goes away for about an hour of use.

Thanks

Peter

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Is any thing like the memory utilization in task manager changing in the hour ?

• peterr

I've monitored the cpu and memory usage for the last 2 days whenever the problem occurs but everythng seems normal, so my only fix is a still re-boot.

Peter

PS: It take longer an hour to occur, time flies on that time sucking machine Smiley Happy

• peterr

It seems like the problem was related to a Realtek audio driver, I renamed FMAPP.exe and it fixed it after a re-boot.

It been 3 days and the lagging has stopped.

Pete