I have an Aspire R 11, R3-131T laptop. I need a large HD...I have a 32GB HD. What size will fit?

JFL1
JFL1 Member Posts: 4 New User

I didn't realize the 8.1 windows took up most of what's available on my HD. It's a 32 GB drive and I want to replace it with a larger like 300 GB drive. What size is my drive and what brand, size etc will fit my laptop. Can I just replace it...unplug and plug-in or do I have to solder it. Thx

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I think that your R3 model has eMMC 32GB stroage, so it's soldered.

Add that there's no physical slot to plug-in another SSD/HDD, since the connector is missing from the mainboard, so the only way to add storage is to buy a SD card.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

I think that your R3 model has eMMC 32GB stroage, so it's soldered.

Add that there's no physical slot to plug-in another SSD/HDD, since the connector is missing from the mainboard, so the only way to add storage is to buy a SD card.

• JFL1

Thank you for the info...yes I have an eMMC 32 GB...didn't know it was soldered. What is an SD Card....does my computer have one...and do I need a bigger one...I'm not familiar with an SD Card. thank you!

• JFL1

Does my laptop have an SD card and therefore I can replace it with a larger one inside. I do not see a slot for an SD card slot on the outside of my laptop. It has a slot for a flashdrive USB stick. What can you suggest...thanks!

• IronFly

SD card reader is in the rear of your laptop, between the screen hinges.

SD = Secure Digital

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

• JFL1

I never knew the 'slot' was there...thank you very much....you are bright!!!!!

• IronFly

You welcome.