I have Aspire R3-131T and cannot get any sound.

Dave4
Dave4 Member Posts: 3 New User

My mute button keeps returning to zero. I have updated drivers and scanned for viruses, none found. I have a 'mute slider' icon at top left of screen, it appears on start-up and i cannot remove it. HELP!

Best Answer

• Dave4
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your advice. I reset my system but the problem remained! I have returned my laptop to the shop I purchased it from to get them to sort it, they think it may be a motherboard issue and are returning it to Acer for them to fix. Thanks again for your advice.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Sounds like some sort of add-on. I'd start by going to task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del and select Task Manager) then open the Startup tab. Disable anything you do not know you want. See if that helps.

ps hve heard of an app related to a keyboard button that does that.

• Dave4

Thank you for your reply. Tried  disabling most things in start up, makes no difference. I am thinking of resetting my laptop, does that mean i will lose McAffee, MS office etc?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

A full reset will clear everything back to the factory defaults. If you have programs that are licensed, besure you record the numbers since you may need to reinstall from scratch.

• Dave4
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your advice. I reset my system but the problem remained! I have returned my laptop to the shop I purchased it from to get them to sort it, they think it may be a motherboard issue and are returning it to Acer for them to fix. Thanks again for your advice.