How do I pxe boot a spin 5 on a usb ethernet device?

jumanji
jumanji Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've enabled network boot, changed the boot priority order, enabled and disabled secure boot with no luck.

Answers

• leonade
    leonade Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issue on a SP111-32N.
    Also struggling to get any USB devices to boot.

Also unable to switch from UEFI to Legacy in the BIOS , (1.03), the option is greyed out.

I have set a supervisor password and disabled Secure Boot but the "BIOS Mode" remains greyed out.

any ideas?

• rizwannadeem
    rizwannadeem Member Posts: 5 New User
    I am having the same issue on SP 513-51
    Also unable to switch from UEFI to Legacy in the BIOS, the option is greyed out

Acer support please response
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi Jumanji,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Network Boot (PXE Boot), you don’t necessarily need to disable Secure Boot, there’s several things that can be happening:

Have you verify if your USB to Ethernet adapter is compatible with PXE boot? (You will need to verify with the vendor directly)

Is your Server Network set to work with Legacy mode only?

Hi lemonade and rizwannadeem,

Unfortunately Most of the newer BIOS versions for the Windows 10 units don’t have Legacy BIOS mode available and this models happens to be one of them.

If you need technical assistance you can go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.

Acer-Manny

• tlarrea
    tlarrea Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've tried this using the Acer supplied USB ethernet and it detects the adaptor when enter the F12 boot menu, I select the USB adaptor it tells me it's starting a PXE boot, and then after a few seconds it moves on and boots from HDD.

Support line was worse than useless. Told me to contact my ISP, clearly didn't understand what a PXE boot is.

Did anyone find a solution?