Frustrated with warranty registration

JD64
JD64 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Am trying to register my new Spin3 laptop for warranty coverage and website keeps telling me they can't find the serial number I type in yet when I type it in for info on my laptop...no problem locating serial number.   Also, the sustomer support number of 1-800-XXX-XXXX, is nothing but a scam survey to "win a free cruise"...what is going on? 

[Removed incorrect phone number.]

Answers

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hello @JD64,

I'm sorry that you're having issues registering your Spin 3.  The phone number you posted is the English line for Singapore, that doesn't match the country in your Community registration.

1. Click here to go to our list of global websites.

2. Click on Contact Acer.

3. All available support channels will be available here.

Alternatively, you can send me a PM with the S/N for your unit and I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Acer-Jose

• JD64
    JD64 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the assist.  I resolved the problem by using live chat.  I wonder if I'll get the "free" cruise from the wrong #!!  More likely to get more scam/phising calls.  Appreciate the fast response.

• jrk
    jrk Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2017
    WHERE TO REGISTER THE WARRANTY OF MY LAPTOP ? NOVEMBER 2, 2017 I BOUGHT E5-575G-55GU.. PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION .. THANK YOU
  • CyberCat
    CyberCat Member Posts: 4 New User
    The best way I have found to communicate with support is through text chat which bypasses all that phone spam.Only downside is where you are in the cue (your place in line)but the wait is worth it even if you don't find a solution.