Elan Touchpad problems after Windows 8.1 upate

Options
2»

Answers

• atana
    atana Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

SOLVED  Hi everyone.First sorry for my bad English i am not a native speaker.My sister had bought                     Acer Aspire e5-511 with OS.The comuter worked very slow, even he was bought 2 day ago.I had to change the OS.

When i installed windows 8.1(previous were w8, i think) the touchpad wasnt working at all.I was searching forums for solution but without luck.I changed BIOS,installed drivers(no succes).........

At the end i have read somewhere that there should be installed some BIOS and IO drivers.

I wasnt able to find the driver for BIOS but i found for IO. DRIVERS,u have to find your model only.

When i installed IO driver the touchpad worked.Again sorry for bad english.

• anteag
    anteag Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I've tried the fixes in this and other threads (ie downloaded drivers, deleted and installed new drivers etc).  But still having problems with my Elan Touchpad after upgrade to Windows 8.1.  My machine is an Aspire S5.  Specifically, the track pad changes settings when I restart the machine.  With the latest driver update, I'm now not even able to change the settings back to what I want.  In particular, in the multi-finger scrolling section, the Scroll Speed/InertaialScroll/Reverse section of the panel is greyed out, even though both Vertical Scroll and Horizontal Scroll boxes are checked.

I've wasted so much time on this.  Any pointers?

• jtvalerie
    jtvalerie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

It's such a pity that there is no pictures, to confirm the items that are dealt with.

This problem may be an old one, and I have been led to believe that the device "PackardBell EasyNote TE11HC_064B_V2.15", is under your supervision.

I have tried PackardBell support Page and HowToGeeks and when I went into the folders that contain all the tools for the device application.

Parts are missing.

Here are the websites, some with directions to follow.

http://www.packardbell.com/pb/en/GB/content/download

https://www.howtogeek.com/325347/how-to-enable-microsofts-precision-touchpad-drivers-on-your-laptop/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the subjects I have followed: 

Windows 8 touchpad not working (not recognized)

Touchpad Device back into Device Manager

How to allow windows to update drivers windows 8.1

The subjects in Microsoft Answers are:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-tms/touchpad-cannot-be-enabled/0859d639-a9c7-4d65-89c6-bcbd3bec579f

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/windows-8-touchpad-not-working-not-recognized/535fb356-9510-44b1-9a67-927569ba7920

Here are pictures of the problem, as I believe you know.

I cannot enable the touchpad.

From the PackardBell support website, I have all 3 driver applications, but it seems that only the Elan item installs, but I still cannot enable the touchpad.

No Touchpad.png

Mouse Properties.png

I also found (from the package from HowToGeeks) these items missing from the Elan package from PackardBell and exported two of the items but could not find the third.

Elan Fails.png

I am beginning to believe it is to do with the (f6) or/and (fn + f6) function keys.

If the application is here, please direct me, directly to it.

Please let me know if you need the SNID

This laptop had a new body placed to it, the part of the hing by the power port was broken.

I can see why the shop I took it to, didn't delve into showing me fully that this device wasn't fully working.

It belongs to a young man in high school that he can do his homework.

I do hope I have given you enough information about it.

Please let me know otherwise.

Yours sincerely

JT Valerie