Dark/very dim screen I updated my BIOS and still nothing Acer Spin 3 SP315-51

Salman1997
Salman1997 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I've had the Acer spin 3 SP315-51 for a day and then the following day the screen isnt coming on but the laptop was on. I connected it to my TV and it showed the that it was working but nothing on the laptop display. I later noticed, by shining the lamp on it, the screen on the laptop was on but very very faint. I updated my BIOS and still nothing.

What can i do?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Ricketts223
    Ricketts223 Member Posts: 9 New User

Possibly the LED backlighting stopped working. Did you close the screen when you used it last? It's possible that there is a cable problem where things run through the hinge area. Try working the lid open and closed to see if the screen lighting cuts in and out. But if that is the case (and if it's new, since you only used it a day) take it back to your dealer

• Salman1997
    Salman1997 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your response, but I've opened and closed it multiple times and even done it 360 degrees. I was hoping it wasn't a hardware problem
  • P3RS0NN
    P3RS0NN Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Thanks for your response, but I've opened and closed it multiple times and even done it 360 degrees. I was hoping it wasn't a hardware problem
    Is the brightness set on 100%?

• Mark55
    Mark55 Member Posts: 1 New User

had mine a short time now.

issues:

never had capitalizing first letter work (tried settings --> time/language fix: no change; found registry is set to Enable w/1 at end of string); very annoying especially when only able to use one hand!

dimmed display in laptop mode; went back to normal when flipped to touch screen; not liking idea of having to ship back for repair 😖

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

@Mark55 I'm guessing you don't have a SP315-51 model, since you said yours is new and the SP315-51 came out something like 5+ years ago. The display brightness might be changing power plan options between laptop and tablet mode, make sure they are both set to an appropriate brightness. I can't help you with the capitalization thing, that's Windows handling it, not anything Acer is doing.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.