Aspire R7 touchpad wont work. It is not in a valid state to perform the request to start.

rp4
rp4 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, can anyone help me please?

I have an Aspire R7-371T that has a synaptics touchpad that has been working fine for about a year on windows 10 but it has completely stopped now (i think it was after a routine Windows update).

I have checked the keyboard on/off switch.

I have updated the driver and even uninstalled/reinstalled the touchpad but always the same error in device manager, it wont start.

Problem code is 000000A "the device is not in a valid state to perform this request" C0000184.

The touch screen still works fine but I can't get the touchpad or any external USB mouse to work.

Best Answer

• rp4
    Answer ✓

This is not a reply but I am getting a stress related injury now in my wrist from using my Aspire R7 laptop just using the touch screen...... please can someone help with getting my Synaptics touchpad or an external usb mouse to work again.

Thanks

RP4

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Did you try the keypad toggle, <fn>+<F7> ?

• rp4

thanks but yes I have turned the toggles on and off.

on my Aspire it is Fn T for the touchpad as the Fn F7 turns Caret browsing on and off but I tried that as well.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

OK lets try the easier one first - open device manager. Plug in the external mouse. Does anything happen ? Same for MSINFO32>Components>Pointing Devices (may need to select view>refresh )?

• rp4

Yes the device manager finds the external mouse and lists it as another "HID-compliant mouse"

There was one listed there already and below it my synaptics PS/2 port touchpad which has the error exclamation

• rp4
    Answer ✓

This is not a reply but I am getting a stress related injury now in my wrist from using my Aspire R7 laptop just using the touch screen...... please can someone help with getting my Synaptics touchpad or an external usb mouse to work again.

Thanks

RP4

• rp4

wow

I  have got my synaptics touchpad to work at last!!

I tried just uninstalling it again then restarting my lap top and letting it find the touchpad mouse which it has done for some reason . It may have been because I had an external mouse attached through a USB socket ? but that external mouse did not work but my snaptic touchpad has started as a a second generic HID comliant mouse.

It may be also that I noticed another Windows 10 update coming in yesterday?

Really pleased!!

rp4

• lil14jc
    lil14jc Member Posts: 2 New User
    My synaptics driver has somehow been deleted. A generic HID compliant moue was started, but I cannot use the right and left clickers, I can only tap on it, which sometimes does not work. I contacted Synaptics and am awaiting a response.
    lil14jc