Aspire R3-131t Touchpad Lag

Edymott1
Edymott1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I've just bought and Aspire R3-131t and the touchpad is really laggy and sometimes disappears, I've updated the ELAN driver but it hasn't !made anything better. Any ideas?

Answers

• anyuser
    anyuser Member Posts: 2 New User

Same or very similar problem here.

Both with touchpad and mice. I can trigger it which makes it very odd.

When I run a media player to run music or play a game or run some other app the entire tablet starts to stutter. The mouse no longer moves fluid, the game no longer runs smooth, the music doesn't play fluid either. Everything lags. Now here's the odd thing. When I click at something like for example the task manager while the music player runs that instantly stopps the lagging. So having both task manager and media player open depending on which is the active window it either lags or not.

Its not an usage problem as the CPU and RAM still have plenty of capacity left.

This is something serious and advanced I think. Like some driver misbehaving or Windows not running correctly. Should be reproducable by you at acer too. Needless to say i want this problem adressed and fixed asap as it severly hinders the usage of the device.

I updated everything after the Windows 10 update for the device even got that acer application. But its no use which is really disturbing.

• anyuser
    anyuser Member Posts: 2 New User

It seems to be kb3120677 causing the problem. Before the update itworked fine, after the update it does not.

• SrinivasKolli
    SrinivasKolli Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear All 

This Lag caused by Audio Driver.

So you should Uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver and reinstall it.

I tried in many ways like restore latest build to 10240, reinstall OS from an ISO etc.

Even I unistalled all the drivers except Audio driver because I never suspect this.

After all I placed a return request to flipkart in a helpless condition, and give it a try of audio driver.

Surprisingly it is the cause. Finally I cancelled my return request and the story ends.

• Edymott1
    Edymott1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried uninstalling the audio driver and reinstalling but that still didn't work.  I definitely won't be buying another one again

[inappropriate content removed]

• rAcer
    rAcer Member Posts: 3 New User

We had the same problem (we have an ELANTECH touchpad). Reinstalling the audio driver didn't work for us as well.

However, the follwoing did work:

Install the following audio driver: Realtek 6.0.1.7673.

Good luck!

• GerryBoyle
    GerryBoyle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Spoiler
    Realtek driver worked for me..   Lag only appears after Win 10 upgrade.
  • rAcer

As additional information:

Win 10 was preinstalled on my device. The problem only appeared after the Threshold 2 update (that is, Windows 10 Home, Version 1511, Build 10586). Before the Threshold 2 update everything worked fine.

• steverino42
    steverino42 Member Posts: 3 New User

I confirmed that it was in fact the sound driver causing the problem, by completely uninstalling the sound driver (Control Panel > Sound, Video and Game Controllers > Realtek High Definition Audio) .  Once I did this, the trackpad began to behave normally.

My research in other newsgroups had shown that it was the FMAPP.EXE executable (part of the sound driver package) causing the problem, and that disabling it was safe.  However, my system did not include this executable.  I managed to find a different sound driver (0006-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R279) from the Realtek website that did include the FMAPP.EXE.  I disabled that executable (by renaming it and then rebooting) and that worked.  I now have a perfectly functioning trackpad, and perfectly functioning sound.

It does not seem that the latest sound driver addresses this issue.  Any feedback from Acer would be appreciated.

• RonBab
    RonBab Member Posts: 9 New User

I have the same problem.  I've gone so far as to clean-install Windows from a USB drive.  From the clean install, I install the chipset driver, IO drivers and VGA drivers (previously downloaded onto a USB drive from Acer's website).  When I try installing the touchpad drivers, it says installation was successful, but the part listed under "Mouse and other pointing devices" does not get changed to Elan.  When I connect to the internet, Windows 10 updates the driver automatically. After that happens, the problem starts again.

Luckily, I created a restore point, because uninstalling the Elan driver does not fix the problem.  I have to go back to the restore point and try again.

I looked in the Event Viewer and did not see anything related to the Realtek audio driver.  I only saw that Windows had an error loading the driver for the touchpad.

I'll try what is suggested with the audio driver and then post my results.

btw, Acer should be resolving this, not the users.

• RonBab
    RonBab Member Posts: 9 New User

installing latest Realtek driver from Intel's website worked for me.  Finally it's usable again!

• Dr_Bytes
    Dr_Bytes Member Posts: 5 New User

Just a reply in that I had the exact same problem. Acer R3-131T worked great out of the box, but, after Windows updates were installed, the lag showed up.

Tried reinstalling loaded driver [FAILED], tried downloading and installing latest driver from Acer site [FAILED], but, after downloading the version you specified (6.0.1.7673), the lag went away and the system works great again [SUCCESS].

Kudos!

• gantengno1
    gantengno1 Member Posts: 1 New User

yep, that's the only way to fix the problem now on winver 1511 of windows 10..but in my case, I only uninstall the realtek sound apps from setting - app, and my cursor plus the touchpad working great now..

Remember, restoring the winver to the previous version will earn you more problem..well, your cursor/touchpad issue will be fixed when you restore but you'll end up losing access to your windows store

Order problem you might have is some apps used sound probably having crash, but it should be fine after you try to relaunch them..this is probably the cause of me uninstalled the realtek app ^___^v

Anyway, thank you very much for the help guys..

• Triac
    Triac Member Posts: 2 New User

exactly the same problem.  I descibed it as the mouse it jerky.  it start and stops.  Then i opened the task manager as the posted sugested and the mouse ran perfect.  That is ran perfect while task manager was in focus.  as soon as

• mannyfresh79
    mannyfresh79 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Is this method also a solution for windows 8.1 ?
  • mannyfresh79
    mannyfresh79 Member Posts: 12 New User

Here is the direct link in case anyone needs.

Realtek* audio driver version 6.0.1.7673

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24899/Audio-Realtek-ALC-Audio-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

• steverino42
    steverino42 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yup. That definitely did the trick. No fussing around with disabling executables - it just works!
    Now if only Acer could make this available in stead of having to get it from Intel...
  • Triac
    Triac Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just uninstalled the realtek program from Add/remove programs in the control panel. That leaves the driver's but get rid of the realtec GUI, which probably no one uses anyway. Works flawless now and have no issues with sound in any programs or system.
  • rAcer

Finally Acer reacted and updated the audio driver on their official driver site:

Since 02/04/2016 they offer the Realtek audio driver version 6.0.1.7719.

(Before, they had the version 6.0.1.7553 on their site, but that did cause problems with the threshold 2 update, as described above.)

Please note that I recommended the driver version 6.0.1.7673 because that worked for me and I didn't test the 6.0.1.7719 yet. If someone tries the 6.0.1.7719, it would be great if he or she could say if it works well.

• Dr_Bytes
    Dr_Bytes Member Posts: 5 New User

Just downloaded and installed the latest driver (currently 6.0.1.7719) directly from the Acer Support site, and it worked! No lag! Kudos Acer for getting it up on your official support site!

• CJ12
    CJ12 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I brought an Acer R3-131T notebook for my son for school.

It is only 4 months old and not performing at all.

If he clicks on anything, it just thinks about it and freezes.

Has anyone ever hear of this and would you know a solution?

Thank you in advance.