Acer spin 5 sp513 battery problem

Nikos1985
Nikos1985 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives

hello all, i had a big problem with my laptop yesterday, which is only 3 weeks old. i went to turn it on and was much slower than usual i also noticed that my battery remaining time was 9 days 21 hours! clearly very inccurate, i contacted live chat whos response was to get me to restore factory settings which did nothing but cause me a major problem getting the system back to how i had it set-up. i had not installed any apps other than those on the store or hardware at all.

the acer care centre app found no problems with the battery and the system continued being slow and sluggish and showing 9 days 21 hours battery. i carried on using the laptop trying to find any faults using online guides when my laptop just powered off by itself, it had run out of juice. put the charger in switched back on and that had solved the problem.

im on here to ask if anyone has experienced the same and if there is anyway to calibrate the battery so that i dont go through all that for nothing, or how they resolved it.

i advice anyone who suddenly gets the same problem to contact acer but dont let them make you think it needs a restore straight away, they did this to me saying its a software problem so you are not covered by warranty.

many thnaks

Answers

• Nikos1985
    Nikos1985 Member Posts: 2 New User

hey thanks for replying.

any idea what to do if i find myself in the same situation where the battery is totally erratic? when all this was happening it just showed the 9 days 21 hours remaining even when on charge even tho im it wasnt since it went off after a few hours.?

seeing as the battery is not removable on this model i cant just take it out and put it back in so cant make it show true remaining time that way.

does anyone have an idea what could have caused the battery to do that and make machine go sluggish?

thank you

• KevinVU
    KevinVU Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi There,

Last night I experienced the same problem as you did my battery remained at 100 % charged and was running very poorly I uninstalled a couple o programs and ran a full anti virus program to see if it would solve the problem and it did not. I did also leave the laptop on overnight to discharge the battery to see if it would finally drain. This happened and when I powered it back on it was running like new again. It looks like the battery was causing my issues I have now started charging and will see if it work s better later once it is charged up.

• Filipek90
    Filipek90 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys, greetings from Czech republic! I had the same problem and I found this topic crying people :-) My problem was solved by pressing little button with needle in bottom of notebook, when laptop is turned off. If the problem wasn't solved try it again with turned laptop on.

I hope this help.

Sry for my bad english.

• technowiz
    technowiz Member Posts: 3 New User

i had the same problem. solve it by pressing the small battery reset pinhole for 4 seconds while laptop is off and on again a

• Yogeshho
    Yogeshho Member Posts: 2 New User
    technowiz said:

i had the same problem. solve it by pressing the small battery reset pinhole for 4 seconds while laptop is off and on again a

Thank you!!! It worked.
  • Yogeshho
    Yogeshho Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yogeshho said:
    technowiz said:

Thank you!!! It worked. But is it the symptom of decreasing life of battery?