Acer s7 keyboard issue with repeating characters

2»

Answers

• rlieng1
    rlieng1 Member Posts: 2 New User

i am typing this on the touch keyboard.

i actually screwed off the bottom without taking off the cover and the keyboard was fixed ... temporarily. Now it is even worse the entire bottom row and the m key are not working, completely not working. this is getting ridiculous. i think the only way to fix this would be to send it in and have the acer people look at it but that would take 2 weeks. Has anyone been able to actually solve this issue? because i feel so much regret for getting this laptop and feel like just throwing it away.

• BlackApps
    BlackApps Member Posts: 7 New User

What solved the repeat key issue for me was installing magicmac's program. It has worked fine ever since.

Overall, this laptop is really cheap, the edges are sharp, screen is meh, trackpad terrible, battery life stinks. People on video chats say my typing on the keyboard is incredibly loud. Often when I wake the laptop from sleep, the screen flashes between black and my desktop. Only way to stop that is to reboot.

Totally regret buying this thing.

• heartsong
    heartsong Member Posts: 1 New User

I installed the zechofix patch on my Acer S7 running Windows 8 with a touch screen and it seems to have solved the problem.  It was severe before, to the point I was considering returning the computer

Thanks

• CW
    CW Member Posts: 1 New User

This patch fixes it indeed!!. Was a reason otherwise to get rid of the whole thing. Very nice, and great he kept it around

• nachogonzalez
    nachogonzalez Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please if someone has the link to the program posted by magicmac it would help me so much. Having this problem. Can't believe Acer laptops are this stupid
  • litoeb
    litoeb Member Posts: 1 New User
    magicmac said:

Hey Clericuz and BlackApps! Thanks for your words about the fix, I coded it and even I am not happy having a notebook that has keyboard (and touchpad!) problems. Look, I don't think Acer will release a software fix for hardware problems.

I got my first Acer S7 and the double type was TERRIBLE (every typed key was repeated) and the keys at the bottom (CTRL, Fn, Alt, arrows, etc) were not working most of the times. The touchpad tap was working 1 out of 8 times. I sent it back (I'm in Argentina so it's a pain!) and I received this other one which -unhappily- has mostly the same problems than the first one but at least the tapping works 8 out of 10 and the keys at the bottom work now.

In other words, guys, a fix for what will they release? For the touchpad? For the keyboard that repeats or the keyboard that doesn't even type (like those keys at the bottom).

If you are really unhappy with the notebook, you can do as I did with my original Sony Vaio Z (that had this exact same issue): open, unscrew the keyboard, screw it back, and close the notebook. Why that would help? Because this keyboard/touchpad problem happens (at least that was the problem with the Sony) because of the pressure applied to the screws at the time of closing the notebook. If you unscrew and screw them back, there's a high chance that the problem will go away. It's not really a defective part but just too much (or too less!) pressure applied to the screws.

Regardless of that, I’m with you when you say you are disappointed with this device. Man, we bought a premium notebook which has a legend (above backspace) that reads “Professionally Tuned” that really, seems to be a joke. Anyway, I’m unable to open my notebook these days but I’ll probably do it in about two weeks and post here the results.

Keep in mind that opening your notebook voids your warranty.

Thanks,

MagicMac.

Please send me also your code to prevent repeating characters of my keyboard. Thanks. God bless you.