Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer aspire r5-471t laptop Display driver problems

Highlighted
New User

So I just got this new laptop and so far I love everything about it! Cat Very HappyThe only problem is that ocassionaly the display driver would crash and then restart itself successfully. This happens whenever I do browsing and light gaming. If anyone has a solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

42 REPLIES
ACE Pathfinder

Re: Acer aspire r5-471t laptop Display driver problems

Do you have Intel HD graphics, Nvidia graphics?

Is your driver older than these?

VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.15.4248165.5 MB2015/09/03Download
VGANVIDIAVGA Driver10.18.13.5324649.6 MB2015/09/03Download
If I have helped you resolve your problem, Please click on "Accept as Solution"
New User

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply. I have Intel HD graphics on this laptop, but since it just came out in October, aren't those drivers outdated?

ACE Pathfinder

These are the latest on Acer.Probably the same as you have.

Do Windows key+x and select Device Manager, Display adapter, double click the Intel HD graphics,click driver and compare the dates of the drivers.

If I have helped you resolve your problem, Please click on "Accept as Solution"
New User

I purchased this laptop (Aspire R5-471t),  in October 2015 with the new MS 10 Home version. I too receive annoying error messages "Display Driver Stopped" or not responding and crashes whatever search engine I'm using: "Bing", MS Explorer, Mozilla, MS Edge, whatever.The Intel HD Graphics Driver ver. 20.19.15.4300 is claimed to be the latest version through ACER Care Center. When accessing the Intel Driver Update portal, I receive an error during the download that states that this current driver version is actually a manufacturer modified version of Microsoft 8.1 and cannot be updated through the INTEL driver portal and to go to the manufacturers site. Checking this site it says its the correct version and up to date and that no fix is available. Checking through my System it says my device is working properly and that I have the latest version. Wondering if something else within Microsoft version 10 may be a conflict.

ACE Pioneer

I have 4300 also but ave been told that 4331 is available...somewhere.

Luggable, 1983
My first PC
Please: Make a recovery drive
and store a full system image offline
before upgrading.
Tinkerer

I'm having big trouble with my Acer R5-471T too. The graphics drivers are up to date just like all the other drivers. I always get display crash when browsing internet or doing office work. The other problem is my bluetooth adapter that have crashed and it won't install the driver.

Anyone have a solution?

The driver looks like they were made for Windows 8.1 and don't get updated for Windows 10...

ACE Pioneer

Is BT turned on (Settings>Devices>Bluetooth slide switch) ?

Luggable, 1983
My first PC
Please: Make a recovery drive
and store a full system image offline
before upgrading.
Tinkerer

My computer doesn't recognize that my computer has a bluetooth adapter so windows have disabled the bluetooth module, in the pheripheral gestioner i have a unknown module ( that i know is the bluetooth module) when i try to install the atheros driver it install well but that doesn't resolve the problem!
ACE Pathfinder

I'm evaluating the R5-471T-71W2.  Skylake i7 6500U.  Its' running perfectly.  No graphics driver issues.  No bluetooth issues.  Everything works great.

Here's my advice on what you should do:

1. Backup your important personal files.

2.  Reset computer to factory defaults/condition (Just remove my files)

3.  After you reset to factory condition, use Acer Care Center app to update your drivers (don't get your drivers from Acer downloads).  The Acer Care Center app comes pre-installed on your computer.

4.  After your drivers are updated, restart your computer.

5.  Go to Acer downloads website and update the BIOS to 1.05

6.  After you successfully update the BIOS, restart your computer.

7. After your computer restarts and Windows starts, restart your computer again.  And go in to BIOS settings (F2 at the Acer screen--you've got to be quick) and load the defaults (F9) and then save exit (F10).  It might take you several attempts of hitting F2 before you get in to BIOS as the window of opportunity is brief when you see the Acer screen--not a big deal.

Important note:  Although I have experimented with different graphics drivers, I haven't touched the graphics driver since I followed the procedure above.  The current Intel 520 Graphics driver that is installed is 20.19.15.4300.   This is a Windows 10 driver.  It may take up to 72 hours for all of your drivers and Windows updates to update through Windows update..........could a woodchuck chuck.. Smiley Wink

Other note:  I rolled back to the July 29th version of Windows 10 first.  And then I reset to factory defaults.  Then I updated to the November Windows 10 TH2 through Windows update.  I doubt if that's relevant to your issues, but just wanted to make sure you knew how I got from A to B.

If you have questions, just ask.  Smiley Happy

And of course you always have the option to get your original Acer software to put your computer in factory condition....from the Acer store.....if you didn't create a factory default recovery drive.  I'm not complete sure if creatinig a factory default recovery drive now will give you orginal factory windows 10 or if it will give you November Windows 10.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU1MzI3NjQ...

Edit:  Some R5-471T come with QualcommAtheros wifi/bluetooth module and some come with Intel wifi/bluetooth module.  I have the Atheros wifi/bluetooth module.  You can check Device Manager to see what you have.

To check your BIOS version:

1. Right click on Windows Start button

2. Left click on Run

3. Type msinfo32

4. Click ok

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor