Acer R5-571T loud fan

2»

Answers

• Denris
    Denris Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the acer r5-471t and have the same issue...I think I have found the solution, although it will probably void laptop warranty.
    I took the cooler off the cpu and removed the thermal paste.  I then put on high quality paste...so far the fan has been coming 
    on some, but when it does you can barely hear unless you are listening for it! A big difference! 
  • JackobD
    JackobD Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had the same issue with my laptop since the day i got it. It´s a problem from this pc model in particular. The only solution that worked well for my laptop was downloading two programs. One of them is SpeedFan in which i have increased the minimun temperatures for the fan to turn on, and the second program is Intel Extreme Tunning Utility that i used to undervoltage the core in -0.050 Volts. Using this two programs is totally safe and do not affect the performance of the pc. Hope it works for you all!SpeedFan and Intel XTU configurationSpeedFan and Intel XTU configuration

Hey. I wanted to try this solution but unfortunetly i haven't succeeded. My main problem is that I don't see any fans in SpeedFan. That is why I cannot change the temeprature threshold from which the main fan begins to work on the given rotation. It makes my crazy that i have to listen to this little cad (Fan obviously) even if I am checking my e-mail... Very frustating.

Have I give You SS from SpeedFan to prove my words.

PS. I installed Intel Extreme Tunning Utility but I think I don't have enough knowledge about voltage change so I give up in this case. 
    PS2. I really like my Acer r5-571t but I don't understand why theses fans work without any order - just like they want to - completely.