Acer R13 (R7-372t-77LE) shuts off on battery just after I log in to Windows. (works OK on AC power)

intelMT
intelMT Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, my r13 laptop started to turn itself off on battery. I had a dent at right bottom corner of the keyboard body due to falling from the bike but it was working without any issue until recently. I don't think it is the reason.

Sometimes it lasts a few minutes before shutting off. Once I could turn it on while the laptop was in Tent position, then it worked for a while. I was using passive cooling both on battery and AC power. I changed the power settings to default now, the problem still persists.

I saw a similar issue reported below:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Swift-Spin-S-and-R-Series/Acer-Aspire-R7-Randomly-Shuts-Itself-Off-A-Power-Shortage-Issue/td-p/130757

I don't have the same screws on the bottom and they seem to be tight.
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

My first thought is the power management is tripping. Control Panel>Power Options and dig around.

Second is to use BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft in logging mode to see exactly what state the battery is in when it shuts off (set logging to like every 15 seconds and see what the last record (and trends from earlier ones) looks like).

Third is that something shut it down and there should be a record in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer.

• intelMT

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    > @intelMT said:
    > Thanks, I reset all power profiles to the default, now I can hear the active cooling working (fan sound) and the laptop works without any issue now.

I had the issues again. I opened the bottom of the laptop and cleaned with a vacuum. Apparently, some hairs got inside, probably they caused overheating. Now it is resolved!

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

My first thought is the power management is tripping. Control Panel>Power Options and dig around.

Second is to use BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft in logging mode to see exactly what state the battery is in when it shuts off (set logging to like every 15 seconds and see what the last record (and trends from earlier ones) looks like).

Third is that something shut it down and there should be a record in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer.

• intelMT

Tinkerer

Thanks, I reset all power profiles to the default, now I can hear the active cooling working (fan sound) and the laptop works without any issue now.

• intelMT

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    > @intelMT said:
    > Thanks, I reset all power profiles to the default, now I can hear the active cooling working (fan sound) and the laptop works without any issue now.

I had the issues again. I opened the bottom of the laptop and cleaned with a vacuum. Apparently, some hairs got inside, probably they caused overheating. Now it is resolved!