Acer One 10 S1003-130M

DMZ
DMZ Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello. I recently broke part of my keyboard and I wanted to know where to buy a replacement. I didn't break the keys or the touchpad, but the bits that connect the keyboard to the screen. They snapped off while I was changing it from laptop to tablet mode and they don't seem to hold with adhesives. I'd appreciate any other suggestions, thank youWhatsApp Image 2017-06-25 at 6.23.21 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-25 at 6.23.21 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-06-25 at 6.23.21 PM.jpeg

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

You have to replace "the hinge assembly":

Spoiler
    Part numberDescription
    60.LCQN8.003HINGE.ASSY
    This part looks like this one.
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

You have to replace "the hinge assembly":

Spoiler
    Part numberDescription
    60.LCQN8.003HINGE.ASSY
    This part looks like this one.
    France
  • DMZ

Hi, do you know if it would fit the S1003 model? I found the hinge assembly you suggested but it was for the S1002 model. Thank you for the help.

• laurent_14

Hello,

The picture linked was to show you the type of part but it's not the right one for S1003. The hinge of S1002 is not compatible. You have to find the part number stated in my previous message. You should contact your support via e-mail and they will perhaps give you the contact details of their parts partners.

France
  • DMZ

Hello,

I'll look for the part you mentioned and if not email acer support. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

• syam
    syam Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem

• DMZ

Hi,

As suggested above, you could find a replacement for the hinge assembly. This is the part required but I can't find anywhere I can purchase it.

https://www.impactcomputers.com/60.lcqn8.003.html?page=1064&limit=25&manufacturer_id=33

I emailed Acer Spare Parts with the serial number and they said they'd look into it. Once I get a response, I'll let you know. Smiley Happy

• Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    For the S1003 Tablet, the replacement hinge assembly can be purchased via ww.sourceItstore.com.  If you have an S1002 please contact us with your Serial number and we would be happy to help you find the correct part for your needs. Here is the link where you can buy the S1003 Hinge Assembly.

https://sourceitstore.com/products/hinge-assembly-for-the-s1003-acer-tablet-keyboard-dock-60-lcqn8-003

SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303
  • FZ
    FZ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone replacing this part needs to understand why they are breaking.  This hinge is rotating on the surface the keyboard is sitting on.  To prevent it from future failure when opening it as a notebook, lay it on the back of the tablet, raise the keyboard and then flip over.

• DiGiTza
    DiGiTza Member Posts: 1 New User
    Howdy! I'm not forking out USD 100.00 for something that's worth less... but anyways, i digress... i managed to "fix" mine by drilling two 2.0mm holes into the metal parts... then i hammered a nail in each hole...is it perfect? it's close! is it pretty? well.. it's cheaper! (it's messy after attempting "pratley steel")
  • Shazzanewman
    Shazzanewman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Where can I purchase replacement hinges for my acer one 10 please
  • Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    Here is a link to our site where limited stock for this part is available. 

https://www.sourceitstore.ca/product/60-lcqn8-003/
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303
  • HBK23
    HBK23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    DiGiTza said:
    Howdy! I'm not forking out USD 100.00 for something that's worth less... but anyways, i digress... i managed to "fix" mine by drilling two 2.0mm holes into the metal parts... then i hammered a nail in each hole...is it perfect? it's close! is it pretty? well.. it's cheaper! (it's messy after attempting "pratley steel")
    Interesting. How deep do u drill for the nail to be insert?