Acer One 10 S1002: Keeps connecting-disconnecting tab from keyboard/HDD repeatedly

2»

Answers

• junix
    junix Member Posts: 5 New User

no solution at all.. i think its a factory defect. Man Indifferent

• CharmaineWho
    CharmaineWho Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Acer refuses to acknowledge that fact.

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,336 Community Administrator

Unfortunately this appears to be a hardware issue.  We recommend contacting your local Support Organization to set up a repair.

• Argee
    Argee Member Posts: 2 New User

I am also having the same problem ever since I bought the tablet, the keyboard and HDD keeps on connecting and disconnecting on its own and opens the windows explorer window for D drive. Very annoying!!

Please could you help me out?

• harishdhamagaye
    harishdhamagaye Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please see this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAKldq2mwU   . All of your problem will definitely solved 
  • NiravShah
    NiravShah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Acer-Cory said:

Hi All,

Sorry I missed the responce from Chamainewho. A couple of suggestions that I can suggest would be to make sure that the contacts are clean. If there is a little bit of grime, q-tips and a small amount of rubbing alcohol would be the best way to clean them.

If the problem continues, I might suggest doing a system recovery of the tablet to ensure there isn't a software problem. Finally, I'd contact support and look into repair options.

Cory

I am having the same issue. Please guide me what to do now?
  • NiravShah
    NiravShah Member Posts: 2 New User
    NiravShah said:
    Acer-Cory said:

Hi All,

Sorry I missed the responce from Chamainewho. A couple of suggestions that I can suggest would be to make sure that the contacts are clean. If there is a little bit of grime, q-tips and a small amount of rubbing alcohol would be the best way to clean them.

If the problem continues, I might suggest doing a system recovery of the tablet to ensure there isn't a software problem. Finally, I'd contact support and look into repair options.

Cory

I am having the same issue. Please guide me what to do now?
    If u have found root cause of the issue..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Sometimes you get a little dirt into the base of the tablet portion, so the keyboard doesn't lock fully when the magnets pull the two pieces together. Make sure everything is cleaned well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer

Connecting and disconnecting like the HDD with the keyboard frequently gets connected and disconnected from the tab. Everything is up to date; the firmware, bios, drivers. Nothing is wrong with the hardware. It's been very annoying because all my files are in the HDD and every time I try to edit or watch something from it, I get disrupted. If by noise you mean the sound Windows make when a device or a drive is connected/disconnected , then yes. Please, I hope you could give me a solution.

As far as the HDD is concerned, make sure that the plug to the IO board (see caption below) is plugged in correctly and hasn't got anything wrong with its connecting wires? As these wires are very delicate and easily damaged, to the little plug that connects to the IO board and can cause a disconnection(s) of your HDD, inspect it closely.

As far as the keyboard, have a look at the IO board keyboard plug (see caption below) see if it isn't damaged and/or loose? Make sure that the keyboard ribbon (ribbon is the grey ribbon on the left in caption) of to pug is 100% connected and secure, as this plug is only opened by flicking the top part of the switch open and if its not, then disconnections problems like yours are experienced and happens, with both HDD's and Keyboards. 

Btw, see this excellent disassembly of the "
    Disassembly of Acer Switch 10 2 in 1 Hard Drive and Keyboard Unit" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIrtNK74zk

• rafcano
    rafcano Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2020
    Please see this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAKldq2mwU   . All of your problem will definitely solved 

I applied this solution to my Acer One 10 S1002 and the problem of continuous dock connection/disconnection was definitely solved.
    @harishdhamagaye, thank you so much!!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You might also place a small piece of tape holding the ribbon into the socket.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.