2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,089 Trailblazer

dcull91 wrote:

Hope this helps.

ThanksScreenshot (1).png

Hi,

Sorry, it was the wrong link I posted earlier, you have two HID-compliant mouse under Mice and other pointing devices, could you please try uninstalling one of them(right click and uninstall) and see whether it helps.

Capture.JPG

• IvanBE
    IvanBE Member Posts: 8 New User

I'm sooooo fed up with this.

Any suggestions to get rid of this insane problem are welcome.

Could anyone that does NOT have this issue, please run HWiNFO64 and post which touchpad is in their R7-372T?

• dcull91
    dcull91 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

The not working laptop has a few differences to the other working laptop in the class maybe this is the cause of the problem.  I have also uninstalled the extra drivers and I will have to wait to see if there are continued problems.

The working laptop has a different device manufacturer name 'Elan Microelectronics' to the not working one that has only 'ELAN'.  The not working one's product name is touchscreen which doesnt seem to aptly named.

Hope this helps narrow down the problem.

From working laptopFrom working laptopFrom not working laptopFrom not working laptop

• dcull91
    dcull91 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have also just realised that the not working laptop's touchpad has been replaced this could be the reason for the difference between the 2 laptops.

• Xxswifterxx
    Xxswifterxx Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Have anyone solved this issue? 
    I'm currently facing it, been to Acer twice to "fix" it. 
    The first time, they replaced the touchpad. 
    The second time, they did grounding of the touchpad. 
    after all that, the touchpad still glitches but fn +F7 to disable and reenable helps fix it for a little while. 

Both Intel I2C host controller 9D60 and 9D61 have both drivers dated 14/6/17 and 23/6/17 but only 1 driver for the touchpad. 

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!
  • InfoQubeIM
    InfoQubeIM Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have 2 R7-372T and both exhibit the issue at times.
    On both of these, one thing is clear: Issue is much worse on battery than plugged in.
    Also, cleaning the touchpad and/or adding a piece of paper over it helps it quite a bit. It is clearly overly sensitive.

Finally, keeping a space between fingers works best. It seems that the driver / hardware has issues with fingers being close together.

Pierre
  • InfoQubeIM
    InfoQubeIM Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

After further testing, I can conclude that it is a static / grounding related problem as :
    1- Problem is intermittent
    2- Problem goes away as soon as the unit is plugged in. Power does not need to be flowing (we just had a Hydro cut-off for maintenance and it still solved the issue)
    3- Problem also goes away as soon as a printer is connected using a USB port
    4- Problem even goes away when I touch the HDMI connector with my other hand !

I've reproduced it many times on both machines. 
    (of course, separating fingers is also a way around the issue, as I said in the previous post)

Pierre