ACER ASPIRE R5 571TG keeps having BSOD issues

RH888
RH888 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

I keep getting BSOD issues once a day know and the reason is different everytime(KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, Kernel_Security_Check_Failure and etc.) I thought my RAM had problems but after 9 passes of memTest86+ it was fine. I thought I had updated to a wrong driver version because I had used Driver Booster so I did a clean install of windows 10 (Creator's update) and the BSOD kept happening. Before the Creator's update, everything ran smoothly. Is anyone else having issues with running the newest version of windows with this laptop? Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

download this tool, whocrashed:
    http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RH888

Tinkerer

Here are the 2 newest:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082217-24015-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C560)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80399310FB4, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082117-9906-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x7FFB9EB3BD1A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007F (0x8, 0xFFFFF803CC84AE70, 0x8DEE2D8, 0x7FFB9EB3BD1A)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a trap was generated by the Intel CPU and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
    Google query: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M

Reading from these reports, I'm assuming its a driver issue? I just literally reinstalled windows 10 yesterday and did not update any drivers.

• RH888

Tinkerer

Here are the recent ones: 

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082217-24015-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80399310FB4, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082117-9906-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x7FFB9EB3BD1A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007F (0x8, 0xFFFFF803CC84AE70, 0x8DEE2D8, 0x7FFB9EB3BD1A)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a trap was generated by the Intel CPU and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
    Google query: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M

• IronFly

please report your BIOS version:

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

• RH888

Tinkerer

BIOS Version/Date: Insyde Corp. V1.07, 11/4/2016

• IronFly

ok, it's the latest version.

personally i think it's something related to chipset or power management, so i can only suggest you to check Intel drivers with the official software:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

check if it's able to find any update on Intel drivers.

no other ideas...apart contacting Acer support service if it's still under warranty.

• RH888

Tinkerer

My warranty just ended a few weeks ago and I had no issues until just recently. Here are the latest BSOD I got: 

On Tue 8/22/2017 11:09:04 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082217-8328-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD9002C3091C0, 0xFFFFD9002C309118, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Tue 8/22/2017 11:09:04 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD9002C3091C0, 0xFFFFD9002C309118, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Tue 8/22/2017 10:29:15 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082217-10265-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF80F0B331210)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF8, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80F0B331210)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

This seems like the intel graphics driver has issues. I already have the newest driver installed but iI still keep getting BSOD related to this. Any help is appreciated.

• IronFly

have you run the Intel software, any new drivers suggested?

i saw this bug check:

that's not good, can be an issue arised from the continuos BSOD or your HDD having some issues.

open a command prompt (administrator)

type

chkdsk c: f/

and click Yes to perform it at next boot and reboot your laptop.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Personally, I'd start with the event viewer (from control panel, command prompt, or address bar: %windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s) and start with windows logs>system. Errors should have an ! in a red circle.

• RH888

Tinkerer

I ran the intel software and it couldn't find any new drivers. I rolled back a build and I have not gotten a BSOD as of yet so maybe the newest driver was not compatible. I also checked my HDD and it had no issues.

Also, I have a few errors on the system log relating to Cortana. Does that have anything to do with BSOD? Thanks for the help!

• IronFly

i don't think Cortana will create that kind of issue, since you rolled back.

at the end, probably there's something "not good" for your R5 on the latest windows release.

• AjalaYemi
    AjalaYemi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello all, I bought my Aspire R5-571TG in August and the last month has been hell because of thus issue. I have been getting this blue screen of death all the time, sometimes even twice in 10 minutes! I don't know if it's the last Windows update or something but scanning my SSD shows no issues. I need help. Please what step by step way can i use to roll back a Windows update?