windows media player

Bigguy512
Bigguy512 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Windows media player (Windows 7) will not play DVDs. I checked the media player troubleshooter and no problems were detected. I have an Aspire 5733. This occured only in the last week and nothing else has changed. When the DVD is inserted, it seems to load normally but I hear a series of clicking sounds as it continues. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    You may check by refreshing the CD drive driver in device manager. Open device manager > expand CD/DVD drive > right click on the aneme of the CD drive name and uninstall it. Then click on Action tab in device manager and select scan for hardware changes.

This could have happened when windows 8 updates were automatically installed on your computer. to check if the issue is with the medial player App, y

ou may also download and use VLC media player which is a free download and plays most of the video file formats.

The other option is to perfrom a system restore to previous date and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help. We, at Acer strive towards excellence.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello Bigguy512,

You can try this Microsoft Fix it (Resolution 2).

France