restore

pcfa1
pcfa1 Member Posts: 30 New User

i have a acer aspire e-15 laptop 8.1 i understand that when you use restore that it takes up a lot of space on the drive can i delete the older restore points? and keep the newest one?as i have went from 420gb to 395gb and only downloaded one program that was 190mb and i lost so much space i have tried every thing to get space bck i have run the newest ccleaner,disk cleanup but no difference. please help me please. 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You cannot delete an individual restore point, but you can either delete all restore points or all but the most recent restore point. Deleting restore points temporarily frees up disk space. As new restore points are created, disk space will be used again.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓

You cannot delete an individual restore point, but you can either delete all restore points or all but the most recent restore point. Deleting restore points temporarily frees up disk space. As new restore points are created, disk space will be used again.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• pcfa1
    pcfa1 Member Posts: 30 New User

can you help me as to what might be using up so much space? or a program that can help me really clean up extra junk? thank you

• Sharanji
    If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings, click PC and devices, and then tap or click Disk space, Under Free up space on this PC, note the amount of free space and total size.You can view the size of your Windows Store apps and choose whether to uninstall them by tapping or clicking See app sizes. You can also free up space by tapping or clicking Empty my Recycle Bin if you have files there.

You can Uninstall desktop apps you don't need anymore in Programs and Features. Open Programs and Features click a program, and click Uninstall

You can also uninstall Store apps you don't want anymore. 

In "Change PC settings" click Search and apps, and then tap or click App sizes to see how much space each app is taking on the local drive. Once you locate an app you want to uninstall, click the app, and then click Uninstall.