no bootable device appears after I switch on my aspire e3 11 series laptop

sonny1412
sonny1412 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
So after the computer had installed a couple of updates, I restarted the device. Then the Acer logo appeared as normal, but it remained on the screen for a very long time, then the sentence 'diagnosing your pc" appeared under the logo. After an hour or so, I got tired and switched off the computer by pressing on the off button. And when I switched it on this time, the logo didn't appear, only a black screen, then after some minutes, the bios menu opened, and a message appeared that the operating system is not recognized. So I restarted it, that's when the logo appeared again and the message saying no bootable device, then another message appears saying load bootable device

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry that you are unable to boot the unit,. Try to get to BIOS by holding the F2 Key when powering up the unit & under Boot, Check if the HDD is detected & also the 1st boot device,. Check & get back please
  • sonny1412

i was able to access the BIOS by pressing the F2 key, and there was nothing for HDD Model Name, HDD Serial Number, and at the boot menu, it said boot mode was UEFI and secure boot was enabled, but there was nothing for boot priority order and under it, there was also nothing for HDD, USB FDD and all the other options. I hope this helps.

• Hi,

Sorry for the delay,.. Yes that sure helps,. I'm sorry that the HDD has failed, please contact Acer for a warranty support,.
  • sonny1412

Is there any other way to fix the hard drive, or would I need to get a new one.