looking for windows 7 driver for video card, compliant with windows display driver model (WDDM)

kuby2
kuby2 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a desktop Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit (Aspire M3970) which was working fine until, this update KB3004394 from windows on 12/11/14. Microsoft has since removed the oriinal update from its pipeline, but it has already cause alot of issues with my computer. It has configuration problems that prevents it from working properly, the Intel (R) HD Graphics is reporting "52" Video Controller 1 is not available, the device MS/MS-Pro/HG cannot start properly, or may be experiencing a hardware failure acording to "Resource and Preformance Monitor". It tells Video Card does not support Aero effects and i need to update the driver for my video card.Contact or go to  manufacturer website and download driver, but i don't know which ones i need to download. Can someone help!!

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Microsoft has released an update KB3024777 to fix issues with the update KB3004394. It is recommended to download the update KB3024777 and see if that fixes your issue. To know more about this update and to download it on your computer, you can refer to the following link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

Hope this will help you.

• kuby2

Thankyou for replying, I did what you suggested, I download the update kb3024777, but It won't download into my computer, so I tried again; this time i was able to save it, I just don't know how to get it to download. In order to remove the bad update kb3004394 I need to get this (kb3024777) downloaded.  

• GuruAid-CS

You can download KB3024777 by using the following link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45307

Hope this will help you.

• kuby2

Thanks for your reply, still no luck with the downloads. This KB3004394 has caused alot of problems, such as the inability to install future updates and downloads. Since my server is 2008 maybe I need an upgrade.  

• GuruAid-CS

In this case, it is recommended to contact Microsoft support by referring to the following link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

• sjbarrientos
    sjbarrientos Member Posts: 4 New User

I have saved all the downloads into a folder but now I do not know how to go about downloading them to where they need to be in my computer. I am having so much trouble and have now spent several hours working on this. I was advised that I might need to update the driver for my wireless card because I constantly have to unplug my router and reset computer to get on the internet. 
    Thought maybe I might need a new router although the one I have is not that old.

I was hoping to be able to attach a document so I could show you what downloads I am specifically talking about, but guess I am unable to attach. And I could not even copy and paste within this message.

Anyways if you could please tell me how to download the updated drivers I need, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much

Sandra Barrientos

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Hi Sandra, drivers are usually packaged as either an installer or a zip file. If the one you downloaded is an installer you just need to double click it and it'll do the rest for you. If it's a zip file you'll double click it and choose Extract All. When it extracts it will create a new folder and that folder will have a setup program in it. Double click the setup and again it'll do the rest for you.

We should talk a bit about trying to pin down what's happening if the driver update doesn't help or the driver update turns out to be the same version as is already installed. When does the problem appear? Randomly or when you do something specific, such as have the computer wake from sleep?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.