eRecovery questions

Ethana945
Ethana945 Member Posts: 18 New User

Hey there, I wanna reinstall my mother's laptop (an Acer laptop), but I have questions about eRecovery. First off, my laptop is also Acer and it has eRecovery Management and it states that it can create Factory default disc, but the only thing I'm worried is that even though both my and my mother's laptops are from he same company, they are different models. Would creating a disc from my laptop would still work on mother's? Second, it states you need to create a few discs, even though the one from Acer's is only one disc.

So which is better, creating the disc(s) myself, or buy it directly from the company?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can't mix erecovery from different model, so each one need its own erecovery discs.

normally erecovery needs multiple discs (CD/DVD) or a single big USB flash drive (>16GB), so it' strange that you have just one disc.

please check that your recovery disc is not just the windows recovery disc (windows 7-8.x), this will help you to solve windows startup issues but not to reinstall your OS.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • daveneedsyou
    daveneedsyou Member Posts: 3 New User

I am trying to do a factory restore, after I do alt f10 it pops up telling me a location and a square bracket...[NOEXECUTE=OPTIN....... and a button at bottonleft labeled SUBMIT  what should I type after the bracket to get it to restore windows?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

open a new thread, mentioning your Acer model and operating system, please. Smiley Happy

• ngochien_83
    ngochien_83 Member Posts: 1 New User

pls, help me. i want to recovery factory my laptop acer p3-171 by usb, but i dont have acer recovery management app.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

If you have windows 8.1, you can follow link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive