acer remote files new update

denibo
denibo Member Posts: 3 New User

I used to work everyday with my 3 devises (acer aspire desktop, my levono laptop and my IPhone) using acer remote files. That was So easy and helpful, then since the new updates 3 days ago, l cant Access to my files through acer distant. It reconize my devices but It doesnt Allow me to have Access to my desktop from my laptop or from my laptop to my desktop. Did i miss something? Do i need another download to use It properly like before? Please someone help me. Thx  

Best Answer

• Honeybee
    Honeybee Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi denibo,

I also have 2 PCs which one has plugged in an external hard drive, after I installed the abFiles extension, both my phone and PC can access to my external hard drive. Do you find an abFiles icon in Windows Files Explorer? If not, I suggest you change to another network or restart your PC to have a try.

Answers

• Honeybee

Hi denibo,

I encountered the same problem too! Maybe you can connect to the customer support for consulting: acercloud_support@cloud.acer.com

I think they will provide you useful information.

• denibo

Thank you HoneyBee for the reply, yes I did contact them and they just send me links to they website information. I've tried also to have help from they chat line support, they asked me to put my snid number, it didnt work either cuz my device is over garantee after a year and two months that i have purchased it. I m gonna try your link to see if it will come up with solutions. Thanks a lot, it's aprreciated.

Denibo

• BeeSee
    BeeSee Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

Denibo, I updated all my remote file apps (as mentioned in another thread) and the remote access with my iPhone continued to work fine. My computer is an Aspire XC-605. What is your model?

• denibo

Hi BeeSee,

My Remote files works perfectly on my cell phone and it always did. My problem was to work from PC to PC. So, I contacted them Acer customer support to the email address you gave me and they replied right away. They gave me a link to downlaod an abFiles extention and it works, now I could work fine from PC to PC.

However one trouble left I have 2 external hard drives home on my PC cloud that I can't access to them using that app from PC to PC. I used to access to them from my work or from my laptop anywhere on Wi-fi but not since the last update.

I still could have access to all my hard drives from my Iphone through the Acer remote files, but not from PC to PC.

I do appreciate your help BeeSee, thanks a lot again for your advice.

DeniBo

• BeeSee
    BeeSee Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

Sorry I can't help you there Denibo, I don't have multiple drives on my Cloud PC. Maybe someone else?

• Honeybee
    Answer ✓

Hi denibo,

I also have 2 PCs which one has plugged in an external hard drive, after I installed the abFiles extension, both my phone and PC can access to my external hard drive. Do you find an abFiles icon in Windows Files Explorer? If not, I suggest you change to another network or restart your PC to have a try.

This discussion has been closed.