acer aspire v5 wifi problems

The-Canadian
The-Canadian Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I recently bought an Acer Aspire V5-571P a few days ago and have encounted an incredibly annoying problem. About every 5-10 minutes my internet will disconnect to "limited". However, the internet around the house has always been fine until I bought this and others in my house do not seem to have any problems with our wifi.

I heard I may need a new driver but everytime I un-zip the setup and try to download it, it brings up some kind of error that prevents me from doing so.

This is really unacceptable, and I'm going to return it if I can't solve it soon.

Answers

• The-Canadian

Forgot to mention I've taken my laptop to University and the wifi troubles continue there as well, so it can't be my wifi.

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Run this app on your laptop.

It will show you the wireless LAN.

If it's Atheros, Download Atheros driver

For Broadcom, Download Broadcom

Once you downlaod the driver, open the folder and run the Setup (application) file and restart the laptop.

• The-Canadian

First off, thank you for taking the time to respond.

However, I followed your instructions and got the same error.

Once I un-zipped "setup.exe" I tried to then open it and I got this message;

"An error (-5001 : 080070002) has occured while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor."

I closed all applications and it still didn't help.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Try this.

• adeade1
    adeade1 Member Posts: 1 New User

werw you able to solve this problem. I have the same issues.

This discussion has been closed.